Thread: 12 months of estuary fishing - Yamba - Caboolture river - bribie passage

12 months of estuary fishing - Yamba - Caboolture river - bribie passage

hi all,

Pretty bored,just waiting for 2 pac to dry on my motor,so i thought id post a few pics from the last 12-18 months from Yamba-maclean-caboolture river.

nothing spectacular as i only chased flatties for the year,while i honed my plastics skills.

all of these (except jack)were caught on a shimano mexican raider 2-5kg and a daiwa legalis 2500 with green Sunline pe 8lb with 10lb fluro

No bait here,all plastics only except for the Jack,he hit a bottle squid during a storm.

Unfortunately all fish in photos were harmed and eaten by my dad who loves them,But rest assured,i do my thing for the system/fishing stocks and threw back around 10 flathead over 65cms that had a gut full of bubs and a couple of hundred 30cms-40cms that i didnt need after having enough in the esky.

yes,im also aware of the 5 fish per person rule,i always had enough people on board to accomodate the rule.

it had been a great 12 months for me until around november 2011 when they dried up.Im now focusing on jew and jacks.

I also chucked in a pic of me and my brother,will never forget that day,i was at yamba and didnt take my boat due to trailer being rusted,after arriving i was told the jews were very thick on the middle wall at yamba,so i hustled a 10ft flat bottom boat of my father in law,a few life jackets and set to it.My brother is 6ft 3in - 130kg,im 6ft 115kg plus our fishing gear,jackets,oars etc etc.made for a very interesting trip out to the middle wall,not much freeboard left,We had to lean the boat every time a wave come,the things you do for a fish hey.

Anyways,hope you enjoy and would love to see similar posts.

Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: 12 months of estuary fishing - Yamba - Caboolture river - bribie passage

and the few pics that missed out first time,sorry bout my crap photography.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Some nice fish there Adam, I think you have progressed past the learning stage.
    Jack.

Blog Entries

Good stuff mate. A few feeds there for sure

Secret plastic or ya gonna give us a tip mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Good stuff mate. A few feeds there for sure

Secret plastic or ya gonna give us a tip mate?
    tip - be good to your mother LOl,

all caught on 3/8 - 3-0

and my wife is posting you the plastics tomorrow funchy,75% caught on that 1 plastic.

Great catches and pics Adam. That trev would have given you a good fight. Lol you and your brother certainly did fill that boat!

Trace and I are heading down to Yamba for a holiday in late May, I hope some of those flatties are around for us!

Thanks for sharing.

Awesome pics mate looks like there's heaps of room on that boat for ME!! too hahahahaha, great looking fish dude.
    Hopefully when all this weather shit clears we can get down to some serious fishing, which is what everyone is hanging out for ayy..

Cheers
    Billy

yeah the trev was a handful on 8lb,took over 5 minutes to get it to the boat and im heading down to the clarence next month.

Quote Originally Posted by softplasticsdude79 View Post
    yeah the trev was a handful on 8lb,took over 5 minutes to get it to the boat and im heading down to the clarence next month.
    Mate that middle wall offers awesome fishing. We fished there with yabbies late one afternoon near the gap in the wall, ended up catching everything from jew and tailor to bream and flathead, even blackfish on the bottom. It pissed down around dusk and i think we headed back to our townhouse on 'the peninsula' yamba about 3am. Was too good to leave !

thats exactly where i stay as well - peninsula court.

great units especially with the ramp and pool.

im itching to get there next month,just hope the weather clears.

yeah its very handy. and the river is in your backyard, with yabbie banks a stones throw away. I was headin there next month also, but now I'm gonna try Woody Head for a change.

Its hard to come over after a week or 2 at the mouth of the Clarence

Great job, I'd be happy to catch just one of any of those fish in a 12month period. I've been fishing around Central Queensland since 2002 and I would not have even caught 1/8 of the fish in those photos.