Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: After a custom Cast net who makes them and how much

Re: After a custom Cast net who makes them and how much

Quote Originally Posted by wayno60 View Post
    Just a question, arnt cast net only to be 3.7m/12.1foot drop in QLD??
    Answer: Humdinger is a shite stirrer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    No probs, No insecurities, and I don't need my friends to stick up for me. I'm just wondering why my previous post got removed.
    Let the nets do the talking. Not me or you or Bull.
    Pero,
    I'm not sure why you would want to bring me into your little tiff. I don't even have a cast net.

Quote Originally Posted by One more drop View Post
    Answer: Humdinger is a shite stirrer.
    You should see him cast. It's not for the faint hearted.

Quote Originally Posted by timddo View Post
    You should see him cast. It's not for the faint hearted.
    Don't worry I've witnessed it first hand

My view is there are plenty of nets out there that will catch prawns. I started with a bcf top pocket, 4.5kg and caught prawns for a couple of years. Then on recommendation bought a net from Pero. This net is made on a round panel. Caught heaps of prawns but was only 3mm chain and not quite heavy enough for the 10m plus areas. And personally I think not enough material put into the net and had tension and would collapse when dropping.
    i now make my own. I have used ats and haverfords netting and for me it's a no brainer. Ats knots will slip under too much tension when tying, the. Double diamond is far superior from haverfords. Nothing worse than repairing nuisance holes after every session.

Before you buy a net go talk to a bloke lives on Collins street at redland bay. Makes triangular cut panel net. In my opinion this is the pick of the nets.
    I've made my own nets from his pattern. He uses 4mm gal chain nets weigh 7 3/4 to 8kg. The net is hung properly on the salvage line to a plaited sinking rope and each alternating link is tied to the rope. No chain moves and bundles in clumps like my previous net.

all the best