Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: After a custom Cast net who makes them and how much

After a custom Cast net who makes them and how much

Hey I'm just wondering if anyone knows anyone or you make custom prawn nets I'm after a 12ft top pocket with chain bottom, and just a ruff
    Price

Re: After a custom Cast net who makes them and how much

there is a member on here called netmaker from his name I would be sending him a pm . I don't know though
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

Blog Entries

Also try Pero

Pero makes great nets, send him a pm. he'll sort you out.

I'm on the north side of Brissy - I make top pocket mono nets with chain. if anyone is after a net, send me a pm for the price and contact details.
    Attached Images Attached Images

hey there wazza im after a net for this seasion , as i always have 2 in the boat, recently gave 1 to a friend , could a ask for a net whats the damage on 1 thaNKS

Has any cast net makers tried using line 4 and if so, any issues with it, like sinking rate etc. I make mine out of line 3 now, but was just considering options that might hold up slightly better when picking up tree branches etc.

Pero makes better nets. I found out about Pero's nets after spending big dollars on what turned out to be a shit net from some joker making and selling nets on the Northside of Brisbane. Redland Bay from memory.

That mongrel net had knots slipping and come undone after a few casts.

Bondy

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    Pero makes better nets. I found out about Pero's nets after spending big dollars on what turned out to be a shit net from some joker making and selling nets on the Northside of Brisbane. Redland Bay from memory.

Bondy
    Geography is not your strong point. Neither is tact!

Quote Originally Posted by Whoofa View Post
    Has any cast net makers tried using line 4 and if so, any issues with it, like sinking rate etc. I make mine out of line 3 now, but was just considering options that might hold up slightly better when picking up tree branches etc.
    Yeah mate, Line 4 takes more punishment,but is less flexible. Its more likely to spring back when you throw it. Line 3 is definitely better as it opens easily. There is also multi-mono ,which is flexible, way stronger than line 3 and line 4. but cost about $50 more for a net. But you can safely pull fish well over half a metre long without damaging your net .
    For Strength- multi-mono net. (and wont spring like line 4)
    For speed line 3.
    and the heavier weight of the chain/lead helps it sink fast.

Thanks mate. Are your own nets made from line 3 or multi mono. Any chance you could point me in the direction of a good supplier. I've only ever bought from ats, but there stock is minimal, and price is creeping up. I only make nets for myself, and have no interest in selling them.

After a custom Cast net who makes them and how much

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post

Bondy
    I always thought redland bay was southside???

And wazza10's nets are fantastic, id recommend one any day of the week

Geography is not your strong point. Neither is tact!
    classic...

Thanks mate. Are your own nets made from line 3 or multi mono. Any chance you could point me in the direction of a good supplier. I've only ever bought from ats, but there stock is minimal, and price is creeping up. I only make nets for myself, and have no interest in selling them.
    I have a line three mono net. I use for prawning. And a multi mono net I use where Threadfin salmon may incidentently get caught. If you need a monofilament supplier, call me on 0412122256. His name is Drew.

Multi mono is soft like line 3 mono ,and you can pull up crab pots any day of the week.- and more supple, way stronger than line 4. And another thing- ATS mono is inferior to the Haverford monofilament in quality and strength. Most netmakers will agree. Although I know of one netmaker who doesn't subscribe to the fact.
    And just an edit to my post- Not only do I do Top pocket cast nets. I also do top and bottom Bait nets. And Drawstring nets to 3.3 metre drop. In fact I can make any net you ask for any weight you want, Any material you want. nAnd even nets with middle pockets in chain, lead or lead chain.And I deliver on the Northside free!
    Attached Images Attached Images