Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: After a custom Cast net who makes them and how much

Re: After a custom Cast net who makes them and how much

5 made by your mate? why would you be counting them? Nothing better to do. Just look for the yellow string attaching the chainline on the nets around you and think of me Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    5 made by your mate? why would you be counting them? Nothing better to do. Just look for the yellow string attaching the chainline on the nets around you and think of me Andy
    Not here to fight with you pero. I was just taking about my personal experience and those of my friends. I don't know what insecurities you have with your product that makes you feel like you need to be offensive when someone else's nets are mentioned. To the OP I'd suggest shopping around and asking people who use the nets fir their opinions in lieu of the opinions of the net makers.

No probs, No insecurities, and I don't need my friends to stick up for me. I'm just wondering why my previous post got removed.
    Let the nets do the talking. Not me or you or Bull.

Didn't seem like 60 boats to me out there? Didn't see any nets with yellow rope either?

After a custom Cast net who makes them and how much

No probs, No insecurities, and I don't need my friends to stick up for me. I'm just wondering why my previous post got removed.
    Let the nets do the talking. Not me or you or Bull.
    I wouldn't even know if wazza walked past me on the street, like i said ive met him once.

Obviously he isnt so insecure that he needs to bag out the oppisition on a public forum.....

Ex member Muddy Toes is making some pretty impressive 17' nets, him and his mates are cleaning up!!!

Call him on 0407443545 to order one if you want...they're really good!!!

look for the yellow string on the chain. goodnight.

look for the yellow string on the chain. goodnight.
    The yellow string matches Muddys raincoat

Pero can't count
    there was 28 boats out there yesterday

i can smell a net off ....most prawns in 5 casts ???? then cook and i will sample

Quote Originally Posted by astro66 View Post
    i can smell a net off ....most prawns in 5 casts ???? then cook and i will sample
    Like the famous weldoff of 2013????

What about the famous member farcough of 2013?

Just wondering if anyone could post a picture of how to attach a chain to the bottom of a cast net in preference to lead.

I have one of Wazza's nets also, bought it after ripping my other one after prawn season last year and hadn't used it until Sunday just gone at Reddy Bay..

It is well made, (probably too well made as per Pero's post above with the glue to the chain) but I havn't ripped it as yet so can't comment on that!

The only noticeable problem I do have with the net is it is quite light, too light for me..

It did catch prawns just like any other cast net however in the deeper water I could have had a cup of tea before it got to the bottom and from observations against my mates nets maybe missed the prawns in this situation.

Now thats not Wazzas fault as we agreed on a weight (6 kg) but if/when I do buy another one I would go for at least 8kg I don't think it can be too heavy only if you can't cast it as good or as long as you would want!

Would I recommend one, yes from my experience so far I think they are a pretty good net for the dollars..

I am going to purchase one off Pero next though and will then be able to comment on the differences if any..

My old neighbour used to make all my nets and sadly he passed away some years back but he was in the know when it came to netmaking I can assure you and I know for a fact he bought net from ATS and Haverfords @ Lawnton and always swore by the Haverford netting..

He also used to do something that I havn't seen on nets these days, he would use a line 3 for the main net but always make the outer of the top pocket from line 4, this made sure that the big prawns didn't bust through or make holes in the top pocket anywhere near as easily..

Something I would like in my next net..

Pero, I will be in touch soon to arrange a new one if you have time and look forward to putting it to the test!

Ex member Muddy Toes is making some pretty impressive 17' nets
    Just a question, arnt cast net only to be 3.7m/12.1foot drop in QLD??