Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: After a custom Cast net who makes them and how much

Re: After a custom Cast net who makes them and how much

what do the cheep nets like sure cast use pero ?

I think their line three is really line 2. And as we all know it gets puffy instantly, and is difficult to grab. Heverford double diamond is .29 of a millimetre thick for line 3. Their line 4 is .33 of a mm. Doesn's sound much but very noticeable. Surecatch would be lucky to be .25mm. Multi mono is about 5 strands together. That will explain to you why it is so strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull01 View Post
    I always thought redland bay was southside???

And wazza10's nets are fantastic, id recommend one any day of the week
    As far as I'm concerned its North of me. does this wazza10 bloke live in Redland Bay

Anther vote for Pero's nets, I think I have 3 now , best is the after sales services when accident happen

michael

Hey Pero, do you have any good resources for learning how to make nets? I have been keen to make one for awhile but haven't found much in the way of good resources.

Cheers,
    Will.

there are a few available on the net, try ebay or Janns netcraft

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAELG View Post
    Anther vote for Pero's nets, I think I have 3 now , best is the after sales services when accident happen

michael
    I wish Pero would offer Unlimited warranty for repairs to the net in case of snags

My last repair cost some vb,but he now a little more seasoned, so it might wine now

michael

Mate if you want a quality 12ft top pocket net with a chain bottom I can't recommend Wazzas highly enough. I purchased one recently and once my mates saw how good it was they went and bought one too. There were 5 of them (that I know of) being used to successfully catch heaps of prawns around reddy bay yesterday.

Andyh, Try out the front of Redland Bay. You would have seen 50 prawnin pete (That's the name most people know me as. Here on Ausfish I'm Pero. Surname shortened.). Out of 60 boats.
    And Andy, Have you repaired one of Wazza's nets. I repaired one last summer.
    I had to burn the net off the chain. every link was super glued on. Now that may be a good idea to supaglue. But, If you rip chain off your net. your in for an expensive fix. I had to burn the mono and line off Wazza's chain to redo the chainline for the client. A lot of work.
    I can repair a 3 metre long tear on one of my nets in less than an hour.
    Now Wazza might make good nets, I've never used one. And you might be his mate. or just a satisfied customer. But try fixing a chain where every link is superglued to the mono. What a nightmare.

There was someone that would cut the bottom rope every x amount of full leads and crimp the lead over the rope so if it did get stuck you wouldn't pull half the skirt off. Does anyone do that now?

idk i use Perfect Circle Net 12ft.. as why.. im super lazy, less strength needed, super fast reload, u can get thoses odd position... best of all i dont need to get wet over myself and smell...

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    Andyh, Try out the front of Redland Bay. You would have seen 50 prawnin pete (That's the name most people know me as. Here on Ausfish I'm Pero. Surname shortened.). Out of 60 boats.
    I had to burn the net off the chain. every link was super glued on. Now that may be a good idea to supaglue. But, If you rip chain off your net. your in for an expensive fix. I had to burn the mono and line off Wazza's chain to redo the chainline for the client. A lot of work.
    Now Wazza might make good nets, I've never used one. And you might be his mate. or just a satisfied customer. But try fixing a chain where every link is superglued to the mono. What a nightmare.
    I was out the front at reddy bay. I saw lots of different cast nets in action, all sorts of sizes and colours. But I know for a fact at least 5 of them were made by Wazza, I don't need to make up figures for whatever reason. I've never had to repair my net as it didn't break the one time I lifted a log with it.
    I've met Wazza once, when I picked my net up from him. But you go ahead and drag his product through the mud if you think that sort of marketing is going to sell you more nets.

After a custom Cast net who makes them and how much

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    If bondy says yours are the best then they must be,
    even if his sense of direction is a little way off......

Im sure you believe you nets are the best and whether they are or arent, i dont believe its up to you drag wazzas name through the mud. Like andyh said, very unprofessional and pretty piss poor attitude!

Disclaimer: I have met wazza once when i bought a net off him a little while ago and rate it very highly!

Quote Originally Posted by jmwarner View Post
    There was someone that would cut the bottom rope every x amount of full leads and crimp the lead over the rope so if it did get stuck you wouldn't pull half the skirt off. Does anyone do that now?
    No one I know of Jmwarner. Most netmakers make chain nets nowdays.