Thread: Sounder transducer mounting

Sounder transducer mounting

Does anybody have any advice based on experience of where a transducer is best mounted on a ski? I'll probably get it on the side of the transom so that cables etc are tucked away internally. Before I start talking to the dealer about it I'd be interested in your opinions.

Also I suppose the speed at which it'll work effectively, would have to be in displacement mode so it doesn't get interference from air bubbles from the hull?

thanks,

Re: Sounder transducer mounting

I got a yammy and put bracket where step attaches to back of ski.

I loose bottom about 60 kph.

I am going to play around with depth of transducer.

I got humminbird 788

Cheers
    Greg

thanks Greg, I later noticed the post last year on this, so have a bit of info now. 60 kph hey? Looks like sounders on these things work better than I thought.
    cheers
    Paul

My bracket i got welded to the back of my fishing kit
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just set my yammy up with raymarine a57d transducer shooting through the hull works great.

Haydos is that a MMS esky set up on the back?

Also anyone fish off the tweed at all on skis i have been for a while now but havn't come across anyone else yet.

yeh it was an mms one but i have done a fair amount of modifications since buying the base kit, i got a guy i met in currumbin to do all my stainless work to it to my specs and also have fitted my livey tank havent had much chance to use it latley because of all the rubbish weather though
    Attached Images Attached Images

just thought id mention that whitworths or other chandleries do an adjustable transducer bracket, this is mounted permanently but you can then slide your transducer up down on it as it suits you for speed/quality of signal etc.

nice like the livey tank i just use the esky. where do you fish haydos

mainly fish palmy or gravel patch but wouldnt mind heading off the tweed or out further, another guy i have been out with before fishes out past the 36s and has caught some nice mahi-mahi so once the weather is better might head out there for a troll

very keen for a jig/livie/troll out on the 36's /50's soon. Gonna follow a mate out in his boat too get some marks just need a good day when im off work.