Thread: New Prawn Net Needed

New Prawn Net Needed

Just looking for a quality prawn net, the largest possible with chain weights. I am in the redlands but am willing to travel a bit to get a good one. I have searched previous threads and found that Stan is the net man. Just wondering if that is still the case? Any help appreciated.
    Billy

Re: New Prawn Net Needed

Hi
    Look in the Directory above

cheers
    Ronnie

Do another search BillyM I think you'll find the guy you are after is Pero. A mate of mine got a net of him a while ago and he loves it.
    Cheers Axl

Quote Originally Posted by Axl View Post
    Do another search BillyM I think you'll find the guy you are after is Pero. A mate of mine got a net of him a while ago and he loves it.
    They are the same person. Go with the biggest net 12 foot and 7 kg of chain.

yep go see Stan (Pero) i now have 4 of his. I agree with Tim, get a nice and heavy 1- i think most of mine are up to 7/8kg

michael

Thanks for the help I have spoken to Stan and should get a new net tomorrow.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by BillyM View Post
    Thanks for the help I have spoken to Stan and should get a new net tomorrow.

Cheers
    Make sure he gives you a few marks or a prawning guide. Gelt 30 foot of rope for the deep channels too.

Cheers, Timddo, I usually give 50 foot of line. Does this mean I can cut some off

Pero while ya there, whats the advantage of the full loop of chain up against the sinkers around the bottom??

The net doesnt tangle when I do a throw that lands across part of my handline, Wayno, and I do that from time to time. The lead net tangles. The chain slides off the handline. And The chain gathers better on the ocean floor as your pulling it up. And I guess if your worried about sink rate- The rope on the leadline adds more boyancy.IMO. But I do both, Wayno, Just, No one asks me for leadline. Thats coz guys like Timddo,Baydog,James,Woody etc... with chain throw so well with their nets.

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    The net doesnt tangle when I do a throw that lands across part of my handline, Wayno, and I do that from time to time. The lead net tangles. The chain slides off the handline. And The chain gathers better on the ocean floor as your pulling it up. And I guess if your worried about sink rate- The rope on the leadline adds more boyancy.IMO. But I do both, Wayno, Just, No one asks me for leadline. Thats coz guys like Timddo,Baydog,James,Woody etc... with chain throw so well with their nets.
    I notice you didn,t mention me there stan.......oh that,s right, you,ve seen me throw a net, cheers royslaven