Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: jig combo

Re: jig combo

Is that your new years resolution rosco, to catch fish on lures
    Attached Images Attached Images

mate not your standard jigging combo that gets talked about but have a look at the downrigger shop...they have awesome deals and Andy stands behind his products. Alot of people down here swear by his jigging combos
    http://www.downriggershop.com.au/jig...-and-rods.html

nah tim i will always use bait to get a feed then try something different.will be this way till i get better results fishing other methods

Mate with a deck like your cats i would have a few rigs out

Floatlined pilly
    Dead sticked gulp wafting in the mid water column
    Livie near the bottom
    Livie on the surface under a balloon
    Knife jigging

Just remember you can use the outriggers to keep the dead sticked plastic and the surface livie away from the other lines

cheers tim

bloody hell tim,not sure if i want you to come out with me for a fish.i dont think i will have room to drop my line in

well the missus bought me a pelagic jig combo not real sure how the rod will go its 6ft jig stick 15-25kg and the reel is a srx 10000which has 60lb of drag apparently,she said she got it for under $200 the reels seem to sell for what she paid for the combo so a guessin the reels might be ok.will be a good starter combo anyway.think it is a 4.4 to 1 retrieve or there abouts.
    cheers rosco

Not sure how good the Pelagic brand stuff is, but after you hook a few decent kings or ambos you'll find out.

At least if you break that combo you can get a Stella / T Curve

cheers tim

I'm keen to get into this jigging caPer as well. I bought a saragosa 8000 and daiwa monster mesh max rod (PE 5-6) about a year ago, mostly for drifting livies. It luckily for me this rig is perfect for jigging. I did a bit out with smithy before Xmas but they weren't biting. I was just borrowing a mate's knife jig. Since then I've bought about 6 jigs of various sorts. I can't wait to get out again on the charter to try again but conditions have been poor. I'm getting impatient to jig my first kingy!

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    well the missus bought me a pelagic jig combo not real sure how the rod will go its 6ft jig stick 15-25kg and the reel is a srx 10000which has 60lb of drag apparently,she said she got it for under $200 the reels seem to sell for what she paid for the combo so a guessin the reels might be ok.will be a good starter combo anyway.think it is a 4.4 to 1 retrieve or there abouts.
    cheers rosco
    Let us know how it goes. Most of the cheaper options will still land you plenty of fish. As Perry said the better quality jigging gear is pretty important if you are going to get into that form of fishing.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

The better gear certainly is easier on your body!

will let u know how it goes.any1 suggest what brand of jigs they find best .is it better to get the lumo jigs

will let u know how it goes.any1 suggest what brand of jigs they find best .is it better to get the lumo jigs
    I'm thinking of ordering a 10 pack of knife jigs from down rigger shop. They are cheap copies of a more expensive brand but the forum chatter and photos suggest they are catching plenty of Sydney kings. They are 10 for $70 inc delivery.

Hey rosco,i have a black magic wrap with 13 jigs in it for sale.There chaos jigs and popular japanese jigs also.I couldnt match the 10 for $70 cheapies though as some of these were $25-$30 each.
    Just pm me if your keen and make me an offer.
    Cheers Mick
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi mate, i have the same reel with 50pd braid. I matched it with a live fibre venom jig rod. it was about 300 i think. biggest 2 date is 12kgs and it handled it fine.

See how much outwide1 wants for that collection. There is a good variety of jigs and colours amongst them. Those zest super deeps work great but mo don't sell them anymore

The cheapies work just as well as the dear ones and some days I have been smashed by my mate using $10 cheapies and I am dropping $30++. I have been told by a mate that the price of some jigs is only to match the fishermans ego and gullibility ! They all work but I still have a mix of cheapies and my "nice" ones.