Thread: Ci4 or sustain

Thumbs up Ci4 or sustain

Hey everyone I am looking at buying a new reel and want to see what you guys think.

I'm looking a buying either a 2000-2500-3000 size reel with a 2-4 kg or a 3-6 kg rod for flicking plastics, the reel I want is either a ci4 or a sustain.

What do you guys think I should get (which is the better reel)

Cheers grinny

Re: Ci4 or sustain

Unless you are going with a very light rod I would run with the Sustain. There are a couple of good deals on at the moment from US sites on the 2500 size
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

cant comment on the sustain as horse mentioned if you are using a very light graphite rod the ci4 will be a good choice however if you are running it on a average weighty rod the ci4 will be pointless. i personally own 3 ci4's 2x2500's and 1x4000 and will be buying a 3000 very shorlty i am very happy with them for the price they are now light reasonable drag and lovely to hold onto. just use a good quality line with whatever you choose also makes all the difference

yea ill be getting super pe sunline

thats the go mate thats all i run on my lighter spin reels

yea its really good

The Ci4 is a great little reel. Especially for soft plastics. I have a Ci4 and a stella 2500. For the price the Ci4 is great. good drag and just a good around feel. got it for under $200 delivered.

go the sustain

dont the ci4 2500 have a 7kg drag of the shelf ?