Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ''FCB'' Security Checks

''FCB'' Security Checks

Have you found yourself browsing FCB and heard over the speaker ''security check to section ...''

Now I have been told it is a recording to keep you on your toes and let you know your being watched.
    Its a horrible atmosphere they are creating for customers if this is true..

I walked out today after hearing it for the 3rd time in the space of 10 minutes, it seemed to be in sync with my section browsing..

I was the only person in the store, and there was about 3 guys standing around talking while they unpacked boxes...Every time it played they would all look over to were I was making it incredibly awkward for me browsing new lures and tackle bags..

How about instead of playing security check recordings they send people over to me and ask if I need any help... like normal places...

I certainly wont be buying any more of my tackle from there again.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

I was okay with the poor customer service from FCB just because it was close to my house, but this has just annoyed me that much I will be travelling those few extra KM for better service..

Cheers,
    Jack

Re: ''FCB'' Security Checks

damn..was about to comment that you must look like Charlie Manson or similar.

yep,hear it all the time at morayfield store,also in supercrap autos.

This happens at supercheap auto as well. I thought it was because I would go in with a backpack on from walking there but last time I didn't have my pack and it happened. And yes I have heard it at the store you mentioned as well. I find it very offensive and I never thought to think it might be a recording. It is very stupid as it puts me off shopping in these places because they have decided that people in their stores are thieves. Glad I only go to either store a few times a year. I have heard it at other stores but I know it is legitimate. Chop is in aisle 9 security check he looks like he might be deciding to steel his cat some dinner.

Mrs Choppa does this all the time when she is doing a load of washing,,,, i normally run straight to her,,, in case she has found my stash of hidden $$$,,
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

FCB and Suppacheap are owned by the same mob.

Same recordings.

A good mates son is an FCB weekend employee.
    The item arrives 2 days later.

Rod

My dictionary defines green as ‘unripe, immature, undeveloped'. Perfect description.

Most political parties are seen as interested in what the voters think, the Greens are seen as thinking the community should be interested in what they think.

They have it at the Ipswich and Browns Plains stores as well, seems to be wide spread. Personally it doesn't worry me because i'm not doing anything wrong, but try not to take my business their because it's a bit of a rip off.
    Good things come to those who bait

Jack... Why can't we say something about your scary looks. Tatts wild hair and no teeth are enough to make any security team run away and put on a recording.

I'm only guessing on that but seeing all jacks are brothers on here that description sure fits one of my real brothers.

Now that I think about it, the cause of the checks might have been the balaclava I was wearing and the duffle bags I was walking around with.

Edit: Kidding I am sure glad im not the only person to be checked at FCB and Supercrap Auto.

Jack..............I believe you....................The security photo proves it...

White Balaclava & Duffle bag against a white wall............totally innocent............
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Don.
    "Magpie Navy." VHF 73.

It was a Woman who drove me to Drink......
    ....and I never gave her money for the Petrol......

mate if your not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about......just go about your business like normal....i was in the burlrigh store today and the place was packed and never heard it once......

Quote Originally Posted by Donny Boy View Post
    Jack..............I believe you....................The security photo proves it...

White Balaclava & Duffle bag against a white wall............totally innocent............
    Jesus no! Tell me thats not Don Finlayson!

hahahaha gee i been in both stores and never heard that at all...lmao....and i'm sure they would've done it to me, ayy jack hehehe who's the scariest?

I think out of me and jack i would have all camera's on me!!!

It's a recording they use to 'warn' potential offenders ( and is usually on a repeating loop). There's a interesting point here to note.....all you guys that post on threads about the 'high cost of aus tackle' et al blah blah blah....
    These retailers are only trying to protect their profits (and yeh, the supercheap group own several chains of differing retail stores....).
    If shoplifting is a major issue (and hey, in retail is is) that cost is eventually factored in to prices.
    If wandering into a store and a pre-recorded 'security check to section blah' is offensive to you and you don't wanna shop there no more.....
    don't shop there...go somehwhere else, online maybe.
    just don't whinge later on that aus retail is too expensive
    *note* this is only a small part of expensive aus retail prices
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

Lol your saying that business' factor in theft when determining prices?
    I can tell you that theft is not factored into any textbook pricing strategies...
    Maybe in WA but certainly not here in QLD...