Thread: Any Redclaw?

Any Redclaw?

Just wanted to say that i havent seen many reports of red claw catches from samsonvale or any of the other lakes recently. Is anybody getting them at the moment? I caught plenty this time last year around the time of the floods @ Samsonvale.. i would assume they would be pretty thick about now.

Re: Any Redclaw?

Plenty in Somerset, in and about the Kirkleigh area. No elbow slappers but a good few feeds.

Samsonvale has been quiet all summer. Very hard work to get a decent feed.

I recall that last year a couple of months after the rain the claw went off so hopefully the rain this week and next week will do the same for us. Borumba dam has been a little quiet for red claw this year.

Somerset has been a battle around the Spit area, best depth has been 8mtrs compared to last year where I was getting 200-300 in a couple of hours in 2-3mtrs. Getting approx 30-40 at the moment

interesting, thanks heaps for the replies - last year when it flooded around the youngs crossing / petrie area, if you walked around the lake at night the big crays were literally crawling up the banks into the grass. That was at Forgan Road. I might have a look over the weekend.

Too many people catching them and probably flogging them off to be sold, sure they might be a pest but just like everything else, at the end of the day I think with greed it becomes buggered for everyone. Thats my spin and I'm sticking to it.

Bondy