Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the forum

New to the forum

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and just saying hello. As soon as my 2012 FXHO Cruiser arrives in March I'll be getting into offshore PWC fishing and spearing. Off DI, Fraser, the Banks etc. I live on the Sunshine Coast and will be looking for like minded ski fishers to do trips with. Have done a lot of offshore boat fishing, but this ski fishing thing has got me all excited.
    Getting the MMS rack, along with an extended trailer drawbar, and all the electronic bells and whistles. Hope to be doing a lot of it and will regularly post up when planning to go out.

Hope it's all good with you.

cheers,

Re: New to the forum

Skipak, look forward to seeing plenty of reports with pics.

Welcome to the site skipak! I'm sure Greg (seahorse) will looking forward to some reports from you and your ski... As with the rest of us. Cheers
    Aaron

Welcome mate!
    I'm pretty new here too, but am keen to swing some good offshore PWC fishing!
    I'm on the hunt for a long range tank for my 2009 FX-SHO Cruiser.

Welcome aboard guys, this ski fishing is going to be almost as big as the kayak thing in the next 5 yrs I think.
    Jack.

I agree I think it will be the next big thing for water sport/fishing

Thanks guys. Yep I'm looking forward to it.
    I used to do a bit of dirt bike riding and it was always safer to not ride alone, and I reckon wide ski fishing is a similar type of thing. It'll be ok to go out far and wide and do all the crazy stuff, but always a safer option if two or more skis go. We used to have a ball riding dirt bikes, and I reckon this could be as good or better - less chance of getting killed or maimed too.

welcome mate
    Living the dream, Barry

I gave up dirt bikes when all my riding mates had had bad fractured bones. Figured I was next. Hopefully the injury tally is less on the ski, a LOT less

this is also another option, I am waiting to see what he thinks of it.
    http://www.ozpwc.com/forum/showthrea...nPak-Kayak-Pak
    i'm sure the kayak people already know all about these.

ps welcome aboard mate glad to see more people getting interested.

Yeah I've looked at the readily available setups for ski fishing, and I think I'll end up modifying an esky and turning it into a "fishing station" myself. I'm wanting to avoid damage or marks of any kind, and don't want any permanent or irreversible mods to my ski. I'm not confident to stainless frame type setups leave the ski unmarked.

Anyway, I think I'll end up with a comparable setup to my taste for much less money.

I jury rigged mine at New Years at short notice (pictured). Now I know the method is solid (crossed Moreton Bay in 2-3 metres blowing a solid 25-30 knots with it fully loaded with beer and Vodka), I'll custom mod the straps to make it neat and start modding the esky

Attachment 76243

Hiya skipak welcome and like the rest is looking forward to hearing your fishing adventures on ya jetty..i'm seriously thinking i should sell my boat and get myself a jetty? hmmm, not only does it look good but they are very quick off the mark, and would definately make fishing very interesting..

cheers
    Billy

hi, just following up on your search for a long range fuel tank, i have the name and e-mail address of a guy in the states, he makes a 20ltr and 26 ltr aluminium fue cell that fits in place of your rear storage bin in the ho & sho's, very easy set up and both are $350 us plus postage.
    pm me if you want further information, or check out" friebe fuel cell " on the ozpwc website.
    Drew.

Thanks Drew!
    I emailed this dude yesterday, nothing heard as yet. I got the email when trolling around a couple of PWC forums. Can you confirm that's the correct one?
    'FRIEBE1@aol.com'
    Thanks,
    Ben.

Hi Ben. that is the correct address, give the guy a couple of days, he seems to be a decent guy and reports from anybody who has with him, confirms this. the product looks real good and i have spoken to half a dozen people who use the system and rave about it. For your information the 20 ltr is $350 plus $80 shipping and the 26ltr is $350 plus $ 240 shipping, the price difference is the extra size of the tank,takes it to the next level in shipping cost, your ski being the sho it might be worth while paying the extra, spread the cost out over 10/20 trips it is not much really.
    I was just about to buy a 20ltr from him when one of the ozpwc guys sold his HO(without the tank) so i bought that of him. Steve also sells and recommends 2 quick connects for the fuel system, so as it makes install and removal very easy,as confirmed by other users, i have not installed mine as yet, but on my fuel figures on a average day cruising i will get a range between 200 and 230 klms, i have got a 1.8 ltr 2011 HO.
    Drew.