Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to the forum

Re: New to the forum

Great stuff Drew. And yes, I think the larger one will be great.... the cruise assist feature makes eating up the miles a pure pleasure!

I shall see what the next few days brings!

Quote Originally Posted by skipak View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and just saying hello. As soon as my 2012 FXHO Cruiser arrives in March I'll be getting into offshore PWC fishing and spearing. Off DI, Fraser, the Banks etc. I live on the Sunshine Coast and will be looking for like minded ski fishers to do trips with. Have done a lot of offshore boat fishing, but this ski fishing thing has got me all excited.
    Getting the MMS rack, along with an extended trailer drawbar, and all the electronic bells and whistles. Hope to be doing a lot of it and will regularly post up when planning to go out.

Hope it's all good with you.

cheers,
    Well reading this thread is the first time I have been quite excited reading the "Jetski fishing" forum on AUSFISH!!! I thought there had to be more poeple wanting to either fish or spearfish off jet ski's.

I am also new to the jet ski scene. Bought the ski specifically for spearfishing. Although I do most of my spearing from boats I just decided that I wanted some independance and the ability to get out to Frazier Island, Double Island and maybe even the reef system off 1770. The ski also lets me go out and do some rod fishing when my mates are busy doing other things..

Only had the ski for a month now and still busy setting up storage, safety gear, anchor system, rod holders etc.. to go out wide. Done one or two small trips off Gold Coast to get a feel for things.

I am almost ready to start getting out after the Spanish & Wahoooooo and also looking for some like minded people to join for a day out...as two ski's is always going to be a safer option when going out wide.

Look foward to hearing from anyone that does some spearing or even palegic fishing off Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.

Well Skipak you started something........

Cheers....

Tony im based in coolangatta and would be keen to head out to the wider grounds also.

I currently mainly fish 9 mile fido's etc but would like to head out to the 50's now i have the sounder set up. Like you said two is better than one when out wide.

pretty keen on heading out either end of this week or on the weekend if anyone is keen.. only if the waters are cleaned up enough??

im gonna head out tomorrow morning 2/2 before work try nine mile and maybe troll along the dirty water line .

You lucky buggers! Let us know how you go!

Quote Originally Posted by vegasfund View Post
    im gonna head out tomorrow morning 2/2 before work try nine mile and maybe troll along the dirty water line .
    Hey Vegas ...let us know how it goes today.

I flew in from Sydney this afternoon and went over the Gold Coast..water is definately quite murky....looked like it went out a fair way.

Not that suitable for spearfishing but as mentioned trolling along the dirty line may producs some pelagics....

No fishing slept in AGAIN lol. No windows for me to get out there until mid next week unfortunatly.