Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kayak vs landbased

Cool Re: kayak vs landbased

since i bought a kayak about 1.5 years ago i have probably tripled the amount of fish I catch, however when fishing on the Gold Coast i have seen far far more sharks than i ever expected too (2.5m bullies taking trevally etc beside the kayak is not fun!!!) lucky my hobie revo is pretty big

Re: kayak vs landbased

Go the yak mate! I fished Wivenhoe for a couple of years from kayaks and loved every minute of it. Do yourself a favour and get a good comfortable, stable craft that will see you right for a long day of paddling whilst easy enough to manage by yourself.
    Trolling Wivenhoe with 3,5 and 8mtr lures is the trick and will see you entertained.
    My first Wivenhoe bass was 50cm. Great catties that grow bloody big too.
    Get a yak, it will open up a new world for you.
    Lakes, dams, rivers, seaway..............

Fish 001.jpg

If I used one I would like to stick my Furuno 625 on it - how practical is that. I take it a motorcycle battery wouldnt be hard to shoehorn in and provided the dash was big enough the sounder wouldnt get in the way? What about a deep cycle car battery and a small leccy also?

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Thank guys for your opinion. I got a Scorpio Terrapin kayak for myself plus my gf and brother. who are also keen fishing people. Tried it out on maroon dam while on a camping trip and manage to land a fish every time i was on the water.