Thread: HDS 7 Transducer problems

HDS 7 Transducer problems

Hey, Recently got a HDS7 having some trouble with the Transducer . The old sounder worked fine. Since installing this new one it is cutting out at speed once i get to about 20K's

I'm guessing it's just positioning. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    P1210074.jpgtranducer.jpgtranducer 3.jpgtransducer 2.jpg

Re: HDS 7 Transducer problems

mate i just fitted a HDS-5 myself and the only thing i can see is the split on the middle of transducer should be level with bottom of boat, the strake coming off hul would also cause turbulance and air bubbles
    hope this helps
    Cheers
    Dick

Hi mate, try and move the transducer to the right. You need to get it into "clean" water. As mentioned above turbulence is your enemy at speed. Cheers Jason

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree, it needs to go further to the right, as close as possible to the mid point between those 2 strakes. Might be a bit hard. The bracket is welded too farbto then left, it seems to me. But get it as far right as you can on that bracket and maybe lift it us a tad, just 5 mm or so.

Cheers

ML
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

The other thing to look at is that the transducer model number (which is on the silver sticker of your transducer cable) matches what your sounder is set on. I thinks its under 1 of the settings in the sonar menu under transducers. In here you'll find a list of different transducer model numbers and there will be a model number there unique to your HDS unit. This needs to be selected for your unit to perform at its best.

Whether this is your problem I'm not sure but worth having a look !

Looks like it needs to be abit lower..

I would go maybe 10mm to the right and down the same

Quote Originally Posted by krazyfisher View Post
    I would go maybe 10mm to the right and down the same
    I wouldn't go lower it already is lower than recommended height in installation guide !
    Defiantly needs to go to the right though

Fitbikes, that's way to low, the centre line of the tranducer should be
    level with the hull not the strake and as others have said it need to go to the right at least 20 mm
    Regards
    Troppo

Just get a piece of flat aluminum and bolt it to existing mount,and then bolt your transducer to it, this means you can leave the existing mount on the hull and move the transducer between the strakes. You then can move it around to get the best reading.