Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In hull transducer for FCV 585

Re: In hull transducer for FCV 585

Muddy, Looks like I now have a 1kw through hull transducer installed and up and working !!! I am glad I got Pete to install it as I don't think I could drill a hole big enough to pass a football through in my hull !!! (no joke its HUGE)

Then I just need to grab 6 Coronas with Lime no skin and "sacrifice" them to the fishing gods .... this is how I welcome all new toys into the boat..

Anyone know where I can buy Screen protectors for a Furuno 585 ???

Cheers and Beers

[QUOTE=fishfeeder;1349660]Muddy, Looks like I now have a 1kw through hull transducer installed and up and working !!! I am glad I got Pete to install it as I don't think I could drill a hole big enough to pass a football through in my hull !!! (no joke its HUGE)

Anyone know where I can buy Screen protectors for a Furuno 585 ???

think ebay had screen protecters from usa from memory ... should be able to get one locally from any furuno dealer

mate any chance you could post some pics as i am thinking of upgrading my 600w through hull .....what was the diameter of the 1kw hole...
    cheers mick
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

Mick, I will see what I can do about posting up some photos...
    I had a look on ebay and ordered a few screen protectors...

Cheers
    Brett

Why are you putting a football in your hull?Sounds a bit silly to me.

added buoyancy to compensate for the weight of the 1kw Transducer !!
    Last edited by fishfeeder; 03-02-2012 at 10:08 AM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by fishfeeder View Post
    Mick, I will see what I can do about posting up some photos...
    I had a look on ebay and ordered a few screen protectors...

Cheers
    Brett
    Hey brett where did you get the screen protectors from - the US? Anywhere locally?

Pazz

Just off ebay from the US, I just did a search for Furuno 585 Screen protectors and clicked on the cheapest on the list $16 each...

http://stores.ebay.com.au/ScreenPatr...id=p4340.l2563

Cheers

Here are a few pictures of the installed transducer, They are a bit average as there isn't a lot of room to get my camera in there....

1kw Trans4 small.jpg1kw Trans2 small.jpg1kw Trans3 small.jpg1kw trans1 small.jpg

Blue_Rogue this might help you work out your placement, as you can see its a little tight but do able !!

Cheers
    Brett

Looks good Brett, you better give us some feedback from the on water use. EG how fast you can go and still get a good reading of the bottom.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

I think I will be needing lots time on the water to sort out all the settings... The shift feature is giving me a headache. but its a little hard to set it all up if your sitting in the garage !!!
    The only day I have free now is maybe a quick trip this Sunday afternoon, which might be ok for a trip to the top of peel for a quick fish and play...

Cheers
    Brett

Quote Originally Posted by fishfeeder View Post
    Here are a few pictures of the installed transducer, They are a bit average as there isn't a lot of room to get my camera in there....

1kw Trans4 small.jpg1kw Trans2 small.jpg1kw Trans3 small.jpg1kw trans1 small.jpg

Blued_Rogue this might help you work out your placement, as you can see its a little tight but do able !!

Cheers
    Brett
    Nice Brett.
    Was wondering how to do this. I was led to believe the tranny needed to be further forward perhaps under the fuel tank.
    I have a p66 that works well at all speeds but I have seen the difference a 1kw can do.
    Very keen to hear how the water tests go.

Cheers. Stu