Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flathead Recipes Plzz

Re: Flathead Recipes Plzz

Quote Originally Posted by gruntahunta View Post
    Best way to eat Flathead is not to eat it...I agree with ur misus...YUK

Give me a crispy skinned whole Bream everyday of the week.
    Each to their own I suppose but in my opinion river or estuary Bream are pretty low on my food chain while fresh, skinned, boneless Flatty fillets are right up with the best of them. Deep fry in a light Beer Batter or Tempura and they are outstanding
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

any form of batter is yuck. Just roll the fillets in some flour and into than pan. Why alter the taste of fish with anything?

First of all make sure you skin the flahead then take out the bones, youtube has an example, then cut into pieces a bit bigger ie longer than your thumb, lightly batter and thats it, i find it beats snapper hands down.
    Batter is 1 cup self raising flour, 1 cup soda water or beer, add more to get thickness you desire, 1 teaspoon baking powder and a pinch of salt..yummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Heres something a bit different... chop up the flathead tails and place in a bowl with some blanched rice vermicilli,corriander,beanshoots,finely sliced red capsicum and basil.. (only use fresh herbs).. bind with a tiny bit of abc soy sauce.
    Wrap the mix into springroll wrappers and pan fry in hot oil..... dip em in ginger mayo....
    If she doesnt like it...
    wot am i talking about lol of course she will
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!