Thread: Flattys in the fresh

Flattys in the fresh

Well i finally wired up my the addition to my HDS 8 the LSS1 the other day and headed up stream for a few hours trolling and playing with my new toy .My 74 years young father in law at the helm of the tinnie out here from England and never been in a boat before ..a few dramas at the ramp started of a great arvo ,i reversed the boat back undid the safety rope ,hopped in the car to run the boat into the water a bit more Larry standing at the side waiting for instructions and then i heard the rattle of the boat taking of down the trailer hmm I new i forgot something ,i remember now my darling was going to sow the hook on my new strap hmmm .I flew out the car and did a swan dive and a few strokes to reach the boat that was of down the river Larry could not stop laughing he said you looked like Ian Thorpe lol rofl after i clambered back to the ramp i handed him the rope ans said this is what i was going to ask you to hold .Still cacking ourselves me absolutely soaked to the skin at least the water was like toast the heavens opened up and down she came out came the brolly for Larry and i parked the car and away we went hit the power for the HDS AND THE LSS 1 AND THERE WERE FISH EVERYWHERE.the first was a small Bass 15cm or so then another and other hmmm time to try the other side ,2 hits on each lure and whats this 2 cattys hmm try up further and things were quiet for a while not a hit.Then i got an inquiry on the halco 50mm in the fluro green ,oooooo a bit of weight there and some line running of the reel ,a nice 30cm Bass appeared and with a quick release and another troll over the same structure and bang another hit .another Bass caught and released back to fight another day several more small Bass caught and released safe and sound .A wide turn had us out in the middle of the river and bang what the hell is that a snag maybe ,hit the Honda out of gear and line still peeling of the reel oooo a solid fish there Larry and well blow me down its a flatty a what yep it was a flatty ,we are 3o mins from Grafton by boat ,and over an hour from the sea at Yamba ,he was a good 40 cm and went in the icebox,the a few more small Bass fell victim to the Halco and were released , another wide turn and bang another flatty ,well ill be they were dark in color all fish were caught on the Halco 50mm i tried 10 or so other lures and a few blades and not a sniff. i felt bad as i could not seem to get a fish to touch Larry's line so i handed him my rod ,while he juggled the brolly and the rod he said i feel like marry xxxxxx Poppins lol. i put on a xrap in the same colour and was jerking back and forth and bang and then a big hit what was that ,the a big leap and a few tale walks what the hell is it a few good runs and hopping it was my PB Bass . it Slowly came to the side of the boat and flapping around i lifted it into the boat and it was a good size oxeye Herring not the PB BASS not the Pb Bass i thought it was but its the first time Ive hooked one so it was still a good thrill .So that was Larry's first fishing trip on a boat and what a top day .so whats your fav Bass lure please.
    Cheers Rob
    Shut up and fish

Re: Flattys in the fresh

Good to hear your out enjoying the boat and new gear mate, hope all is well with you and the family.
    Cheers n tight lines - MoSSY

Re: Flattys in the fresh

Gday mate yep all is good down here now thanks ,manged to get the car back on the road with a few lucky parts from the wreckers and bugger me almost the same colour .Have you been wetting a line ,whats your fav Bass lure .
    Cheers Rob
    Shut up and fish