Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Barwon Banks M&G ?

Re: Barwon Banks M&G ?

Quote Originally Posted by fishfeeder View Post
    Wags, You coming out for a run on the 18th ???

Cheers
    Brett
    Sorry, I'll be unavailable.
    Last edited by wags on the water; 19-01-2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: little details....

I'm keen to go, weather is the question for me as like Tim it is a bloody long way doing 10 to 15 in a 5.5m tinnie. So if anyone has a spot available I'm happy to contribute, non- smoker and have my own gear.

Mark

I've been to the banks in a 5.2m Stacer a few times. Take your time as it's not a race.

Brett,

Weather and work permitting............... I am in any date you can toss up.

Wednesdays are always good

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

same here Mike....used to take my 5.3 mtr quinnie out to the hards and the banks heaps.It's all weather dependent i suppose.
    By the way Brett I reckon your doing a bang up job trying to adjust dates and stuff around the numbers mate.Like you said it will all be weather dependent and stuff so if it doesn't happen on a particular date I'm sure there's enough guys on here that will be free from week to week to get some trips going as it seems to be a bit of a common thing that it's safety in numbers and having other people out there to chat to and get an idea of the ground out there that a lot of guys are liking about this.

5mtr boats are OK.

36k's to Southern banks

40k's to mid banks

49k's to Northern banks

58k's to Hards.

all are minimum distances.

Fishing southern banks this time of year puts the swell up ya clacker for the afternoon return trip. ( that would be tip number 24 )

Then again. in the smaller boats........... Currimundi is only 12k's from the bar and Caloundra Wide ( close ) is 19k's.

The Gneerings offers good options which is only 5.5k's from the ramp. How good is that ??

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Crestcutter View Post
    I wont be able to make the 18th but i will live. Mike Trevelly was going to put up with me for the day ,so maybe now im not going you could jump in with him if thats ok with him of course Mike.
    I am cool with that.

If Marty is going and you prefer his boat I am cool with that too - just let me know sooner rather than later.

18th Feb it is.

Maybe another time CC
    Cheers

Trev

Phill good idea with giving a few options of closer places to fish, opens it up to more people who might want to meet up friday and do a closer trip in the morning.. .....

I managed to score a great deal on a furuno 585, so I cant wait to get it installed and head out to put it to use... Grand Marlin's skills will be put to the test..... just need to find the extra for the transducer 1kw is looking on the cards (maybe) lol

Cheers
    Brett

are you looking to get in hull or transom mount Brett.If you want your new toy up and running soon then go ahead but if you can wait a while you can have my 1kw transom mount trannie when i get an in hull trannie fitted.

Yeah no worries Trev, i appreciated the offer mate.

Darryl.

I have a job booked in for the 18th , but am trying to shuffle dates . Will let you all know when I have something definite , am looking forward to a trip out there as I have never fished that area .

Kev

If we get a 5-10kt forecast you can count me in, anything more then that makes it to slow and uncomfortable a trip in my boat. If the forecast is good for the whole weekend we might stay out for the night to make the most of it and come home on Sunday lunchtime.

If anyone else is keen for an overnighter Saturday night let me know.

Cheers Marto

Marto, hope your right and its 5-10knots for the weekend...
    I am not making plans to stay out Saturday night.
    But I am hoping to fish the afternoon bite for a few hour before heading back.

Cheers
    Brett

The 18th suits me count me in may do an overnighter as well

Hey Marto, if you can organise 5-10 that weekend, we will do the Hards and DI in my jigger for a couple of days mate......