Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Barwon Banks M&G ?

Re: Barwon Banks M&G ?

I'm out for that date Brett.......VMR could probably do with the rest too.......

Quote Originally Posted by wave dancer View Post
    Count us in Brett, that week-end looks good, will try and get up there on Friday for a cold beer, feed and say hi. Captain Seaweed (Marty) i have the old girls in for a service and a bit of a tickle up and will have 340ltrs on board but i still won't make the cape and back with you, so you are on your own with that (lol). Hope the weather gods are friendly.

Cheers, Mick
    Mick its only 25 nautical mile to the cape from the banks lol

Awsome, thanks Trevelly. I might even be a non smoker by then, as i start a new wonder drug this week.Here's hoping.Thanks again mate and i will send you a message when we get closer to the time.
    Darryl.

Quote Originally Posted by Crestcutter View Post
    Awsome, thanks Trevelly. I might even be a non smoker by then, as i start a new wonder drug this week.Here's hoping.Thanks again mate and i will send you a message when we get closer to the time.
    Darryl.
    Which drug is that mate , if you do not mind me asking ?
    Shawn

Shawn they have gone back to the drawing board with Zyban and have created some new formula that wont have the side affects of the first lot.,The first lot caused all sorts of hallucenations ,suicides and all. Apparently so far information back has been really good ,better so than champix and the likes. This is all according to my doctor though and i pick up my first script today as it's still not readily available.Ive had to wait a week to get mine but at least i have set a date to stop. Which is today. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Crestcutter View Post
    Shawn they have gone back to the drawing board with Zyban and have created some new formula that wont have the side affects of the first lot.,The first lot caused all sorts of hallucenations ,suicides and all. Apparently so far information back has been really good ,better so than champix and the likes. This is all according to my doctor though and i pick up my first script today as it's still not readily available.Ive had to wait a week to get mine but at least i have set a date to stop. Which is today. Fingers crossed.
    Good luck with it Darryl ,and please keep us informed .
    P.S Sorry to hijack the thread .
    Shawn

Crestcutter,
    Zyban is the name of a fungicide we used in the nursery industry till it was banned a couple of years ago due to registration issues in Australia. Best fungicide on the market, so I have no doubt it would have some savage side effects! It would stop Botryis in its steps, but I'm sure its got a different active constituent ( I hope it does! )
    Tony

Can I please ask that you start a stop-smoking thread...I'm keen on this thread and would like to see it remain on topic.

Thanks kindly
    Crunchy

PS all the best with your efforts to give it the flick too!

This will also be a first for me out to the banks so will need some guidance from a fellow member, anyone got a few marks to share will be greatly appreciated. I will be going from Mooloolaba, and thinking of doing a night over in the boat then an early start out to the banks, Bull 1 you mentioned you may be keen to do the same.
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Meg-a-bite,

That idea of Bull1's sounds like the best plan of attack.
    If we can work on a meeting area on the water to anchor for Friday night, People can turn up at anytime during the night or morning for the run out.....

Its a high tide at 4.20am so heading out nice and early wont be a problem and getting back in the afternoon should be on another high so tides look good to me..

Cheers
    Brett

Quote Originally Posted by MEG-A-BITE View Post
    This will also be a first for me out to the banks so will need some guidance from a fellow member, anyone got a few marks to share will be greatly appreciated. I will be going from Mooloolaba, and thinking of doing a night over in the boat then an early start out to the banks, Bull 1 you mentioned you may be keen to do the same.
    Same here, have a few marksI pilfered from somewhere and the general marks, but I'm thnking that sounding around will be the best option for this area anyway...we will need to spread our flotilla out a bit! (I may even sneak out for a wee looksie before the M&G if I get the time). I will leave from Maroochy river at sparrows if the bar is good or Mooloolaba if there is too much swell.

Quote Originally Posted by fishfeeder View Post
    Meg-a-bite,

That idea of Bull1's sounds like the best plan of attack.
    If we can work on a meeting area on the water to anchor for Friday night, People can turn up at anytime during the night or morning for the run out.....

Its a high tide at 4.20am so heading out nice and early wont be a problem and getting back in the afternoon should be on another high so tides look good to me..

Cheers
    Brett
    Sounds good, do you launch from the Mooloolaba VMR rampBrett? Perhaps we can meet up there, then raft up in the river somewhere for agood sleep and up early to go to the banks.
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Quote Originally Posted by MEG-A-BITE View Post
    Sounds good, do you launch from the Mooloolaba VMR rampBrett? Perhaps we can meet up there, then raft up in the river somewhere for agood sleep and up early to go to the banks.
    that was my thought also - rather than risk getting a skin full at the pub with the boat still on the trailer instead grab some take aways and raft up somewhere - looks like there's a fair bit of room near where the boats moor inside the entrance where we shouldn't disturb too many locals
    cheers Rob

No need to make a stop smoking thread,that wasnt what my post was about. But i didn't mean it to head this way. All good. I have sent a few some marks i have to help. Cheers

Pretty sure I have something on the 3rd of March so I might have to give this 1 a miss.

Cheers Bull