Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Barwon Banks M&G ?

Re: Barwon Banks M&G ?

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    i will put the floaties on Mike and you could tow me out there.
    Done............

Im keen,just let us know the dates you have in mind.
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post
    I am keen

If you are the sightest iffy offshore - do take quell or travelcalm before going there - I have taken too many die-hard never get see sick people that wide only to watch them do so - a real pain.
    Agreed Trevelly. Sounds like a good theme for a new thread but I'm sure been covered plenty of times before - there's loads of material to explore in there. I have a lot of respect for the pro charter guys that must see it every other trip

Count me in for the M&G Brett

cheers Rob

No worries Rob have seen the general seasick message about a bit - just want to hopefully save a passenger the embarrassment and others aboard the nuisance.

It is easy enough to be okay 5 to 20km offshore but when 50km out and 80km from the ramp with no sight of land a lot of people don't realise till it's too late.

Figured it worth the mention even if it saves only one boat going out there and helps them have a good time.
    Cheers

Trev

hey Brett just throwing some dates out there - we have a new moon on Tues 21st Feb and full on Thurs 8th March - not that that's going to influence choice of weekend dates over the bloody weather. Should just make it first decent weekend weather pattern we get after the new and go for it......which means it might be May by the time we go the way it's been lately.....

Rob - the eternal pessimist

Count the old cat in, just need to know roughly distance planned to travel to calculate the fuel required. The old twin 140s get a bit thursty. May have a spot for one will know as the dates are finalised and gets closer. No cost as we will be going anyway just your favourite rod and reel and a beer at the end.

Cheers Mick

you will need range of 180-220km in my opinion, depends how much travelling you want to do and what weather is like
    Living the dream, Barry

Marty,

do you have a full crew yet .....?
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    you will need range of 180-220km in my opinion, depends how much travelling you want to do and what weather is like
    I'm only agreeing with your estimate as you'd probably go to the Cape - just for a look - then back to the banks....

you know me far too well Wags. Ok most people would do 130-150. I have ADD and cant sit still.
    Living the dream, Barry

So where would you be leaving from? May give it a bash depending on weather and dates.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by tropicrows View Post
    Marty,

do you have a full crew yet .....?
    No Bruce at this stage I have.....
    1)Marlin Mike-yet to confirm
    Living the dream, Barry

Well I'm in if there's a spare seat
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

If I'm home when it's on Brett i'm in as Outsiders radio boat.....odds aren't good at only a 20% chance due to roster though but i'll see.

It'll be like a practice for the real thing in September.....don't stress though guys I've got associate membership with VMR Mooloolaba.

I'll drive up and leave from maroochy or Noosa, figure 120Km's round trip which is about my range without having to go to the reserve tank. Anyone else prefer to leave from the sunny coast?