Thread: Found a great quite camping spot out the back of Leslie Dam.

Found a great quite camping spot out the back of Leslie Dam.

The cook and I went for a bit of a drive yesterday.
    We went right out the back of Leslie Dam and there is a camping reserve there.
    The only facilities is a pit dunny and peace and quite and you can camp right on the edge of the water. By the looks camp fires are not a problem to have.
    If you Google Rocklands Rd Warwick and follow it to Granite Hills Road and then turn sharp right you'll see where it is in relation to the dam.
    Next week-end we might take the tiny tinny up from the 'popular' end and see what it's like to access the rest of the dam.
    It's over 20km by dirt road to get to the other 'populated' camping reserve.
    Here are some pictures starting from closest to head waters working down to the wide water.
    There are a couple of very private camping spots further 'upwater' from where the pictures were taken and the ute in the last picture is at the other end of the reserve

I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Re: Found a great quite camping spot out the back of Leslie Dam.

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    The cook and I went for a bit of a drive yesterday.
    We went right out the back of Leslie Dam and there is a camping reserve there.
    The only facilities is a pit dunny and peace and quite and you can camp right on the edge of the water. By the looks camp fires are not a problem to have.
    If you Google Rocklands Rd Warwick and follow it to Granite Hills Road and then turn sharp right you'll see where it is in relation to the dam.
    Next week-end we might take the tiny tinny up from the 'popular' end and see what it's like to access the rest of the dam.
    It's over 20km by dirt road to get to the other 'populated' camping reserve.
    Here are some pictures starting from closest to head waters working down to the wide water.
    There are a couple of very private camping spots further 'upwater' from where the pictures were taken and the ute in the last picture is at the other end of the reserve

G'Day Scott,
    Not a bad bit of dirt is it . We found it a few years ago , although that was when the dam level was at 10 percent . As you said be nice and quiet place to camp .
    Thanks for the photos .
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn 66 View Post
    G'Day Scott,
    Not a bad bit of dirt is it . We found it a few years ago , although that was when the dam level was at 10 percent . As you said be nice and quiet place to camp .
    Thanks for the photos .
    Shawn
    Mate, I haven't been out there in about 15 years. Last time I was there there was no water there.
    What a difference a bit of rain makes

Mate, I haven't been out there in about 15 years. Last time I was there there was no water there.
    What a difference a bit of rain makes
    Is the dam still pushing 100 percent mate .
    Shawn

Around 97 at the moment I think.
    I still can't get over the differences in the dam no matter how many times I see it. ie water up the road as your coming from the wall end.

HI! Finga, Camped at that spot many years ago before it went down to the 10% levels.

We had a small Jayco Van at the time and could go almost anywhere the Cruiser could go.

Carried on from there to Stanthorpe through Pikedale and down one of the rivers past Glenlyon Dam.

I tend to keep away from populated places and make my own finds.

Have Fun Haji-Baba

Once you get into some of that back country anywhere there are some great places.

I love camping by the waters edge being able to just jump in the boat and go fishing. So easy.. Any fish there Scott? Lures or bait?

Quote Originally Posted by Haji-Baba View Post
    I tend to keep away from populated places and make my own finds.

Have Fun Haji-Baba
    Once you get into some of that back country anywhere there are some great places.
    I was actually thinking about you when I saw it. I still remember some of the stories you told me that one time we met all those years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    I love camping by the waters edge being able to just jump in the boat and go fishing. So easy.. Any fish there Scott? Lures or bait?
    Of course there's fish you silly duffer. bait, lure....what ever takes your fancy I reckon.

I reckon it would make a great place for a freshwater meet and Greet.

Of course there's fish you silly duffer. bait, lure....what ever takes your fancy I reckon.
    Come on you don't get away that easy. " Off course there's fish there" Yeah right. What sort, what size? And I mean decent fish not what you take home.

You didnt happen to be there on friday night??? We camped at that first picture with the rocks, and those blokes in the ute left just after we got there. Think I saw you way up the other end, then the party goers come out later in the night??? I was in the white navara towing the boat, and also had a blue new ranger with me...

has anyone been out there lately was thinking about going up from beenleigh for a weekend thanks