Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: BP and E10

BP and E10

Hi Guys

not sure if this has been mentioned recently and apologies if it has. But I read in the paper a day or two ago that BP are changing all their unleaded to E10 at least in my local area (Ipswich). Anyone else heard much about this report?

Murray

Re: BP and E10

I've heard the opposite that more and more servo's are getting rid of ethanol blended fuels. Here's an article from the paper a while ago.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/c...-1226176648276

"Ethanol is safer, cheaper and could generate billions of dollars and tens of thousands of jobs for Queensland," said Mr Katter.

from the courier mail report.

Sorry Bob, E10 is not safer, just ask any boat owner.

The problems arose with E10 when major outboard manufacturers issued warnings against using this product. I have avoided using E10 at all costs and found it hard to find a servo that didn't have E10 91ULP.

I am thankful that most servos are getting rid of this damaging fuel.

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Murray,,, the better half works for BP here on the island,,,, this is news to her,,, but she'll ask management today and i'll get back to ya

choppa
    Last edited by choppa; 15-01-2012 at 09:34 AM. Reason: mm
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

steer clear of E10 ! - At best it is false economy ....... at worst it damages seals etc (unless a motor is designed for E10) If E10 is the only lower octane fuel available ...... you are better off paying more and going for 95 Ron or PULP. I actually feel that my Yammi runs more economically when run on PULP ........
    Once I get the new F70 I will do a comparison using the fuel management system...... just to see if you get value for money when using the PULP .... This was certainly the case when I had my Subaru Liberty
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I heard it on the radio on Fri, this is the media release from BP Australia's web site.

BP to resume E10 blend sales in South East Queensland

Release date: 12 January 2012

BP today announced that E10 blended petrol is to be reintroduced at 48 service stations in South East Queensland.

The process of converting from Regular Unleaded to E10 will commence on 16th January 2012 and should be completed by mid February 2012. The conversion process may require certain service stations to close or partially close for up to two hours while the work is carried out.

In January 2011, BP’s supplier of ethanol in Queensland advised that due to adverse weather conditions it would be unable to supply ethanol to BP from mid-January for a period of 150 days. This left BP with no alternative but to replace E10 with Regular Unleaded.

Now that reliable supply of ethanol has resumed, BP is able to reintroduce E10 to the market.

BP said; “The conversion process will involve some short-term disruption for customers, but we will do everything we can to carry out the conversion quickly and safely.”

yep Mike that is exactly what I heard AND READ.

And not only are the reintroducing E10 but they are replacing unleaded completely with it.

If BP replaces ULP with E10, replace BP.!!!!

No longer shop at BP and get everyone you know to stop wasting their money there too.

Tell them to pass the word.
    What could go wrong.......................

Shell at Mooloolaba dropped E10 dec last year, as supplies were short.........

randell

unfortunately the govt has made no other choice for the fuel companies. BP got out of E10 in S/E Qld last year due to the floods...no other reason. They must now reintroduce it as the govt has given all the fuel companies minimum targets of biofuels they MUST sell. It's not because they want to sell it, but because they HAVE TO. So don't blame BP, blame the govt!!
    The govt is also increasing the targets, so it was 4% and is now 6% of all fuel sold must be biofuels...that means no other choice than to replace ULP with E10 (and also all servos don't have an endless supply of tanks to have too many different types of fuel for sale)

I thought that the government dropped the idea of increased sales of e10 by servos last year!

Murray how was the fishing up the coast?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    I heard it on the radio on Fri, this is the media release from BP Australia's web site.

BP to resume E10 blend sales in South East Queensland

Release date: 12 January 2012

BP today announced that E10 blended petrol is to be reintroduced at 48 service stations in South East Queensland.

The process of converting from Regular Unleaded to E10 will commence on 16th January 2012 and should be completed by mid February 2012. The conversion process may require certain service stations to close or partially close for up to two hours while the work is carried out.

In January 2011, BP’s supplier of ethanol in Queensland advised that due to adverse weather conditions it would be unable to supply ethanol to BP from mid-January for a period of 150 days. This left BP with no alternative but to replace E10 with Regular Unleaded.

Now that reliable supply of ethanol has resumed, BP is able to reintroduce E10 to the market.

BP said; “The conversion process will involve some short-term disruption for customers, but we will do everything we can to carry out the conversion quickly and safely.”
    This an absolute insult to everyone within this country who needs to use unleaeded fuel, I thought the majors were heading away from this S&*t after many bad reports but it would apear not, what a shame WE NEEED TO STAND UP AUSTRALIA.
    Cheers Axl

I assume that they are replacing the "standard" unleaded, not all unleaded fuels.

Unleaded 95 and 98 etc will still be available?

For interest, we just got back form a long drive to South Australia, my son's 6 cylinder Commodore ute was towing a double jetski trailer (big wind drag). On one of the refuelling stops he pulled up at the wrong bowser so I said don't worry just put the premium unleaded in it and let's get back on the road.

Jeepers we got heaps more mileage than we did out of a tank of standard unleaded.

So much that if we are towing heavy again we will choose to fill with premium unleaded instead of standard unleaded. Not that we would use it for general putting around, but if the engine is working hard then the premium unleaded certainly seems to make economic sense.

Darren