Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bass Heaven

Bass Heaven

Couldnt find anyone to come out for a bass session at my favourite spot so decided to venture out and try a new spot along the pine. (sure glad I did)

After walking through plenty of grass with my eyes fixed on the ground watching for snakes (i was barefoot and saw one when I first started walking) managed to stumble across a bank with plenty of snags that I thought bass would be sitting in.

First cast, zzzzzzzzzzz come up with a nice 30cm model
    Second cast, zzzzzzzzzzzz another
    Third cast, zzzzzzzzzzzz another

Was amazed by my luck, It didnt look like many people had been there before and the bass were just waiting for my lure to hit the water

The zzzzzzz's slowed down a little , and after about 2 hours managed to hook 14 bass in total.

All fish around 30-40cm, no biggies

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bass2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	75559Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bass.jpg 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	75558

I can safely say that this will be my new favourite spot.
    Only thing is I need to bring a lawn mower or something and mow a path that I can walk because the grass was horrible to walk through!

I would of stayed longer , but did a shocking cast and got snagged on a tree (dont ask how). I wasnt bothered to rerig so decided to call it a day.

Fish were taken on a Jackall TN50 Lure which are very hard to find around brisbane (have only seen them at one place, The Tackle Warehouse at stones corner)

I am very happy that my new years donut was no voodoo curse

Cheers,

Jack

ps. How have the other bass fisherman been going around brisbane?

Re: Bass Heaven

Always excellent to find a new spot. Sounds like a crasker of a day's fishing.

Tim

Blog Entries

Good stuff Yellowjack!

Nice work buddy seems to be your calling the freshwater. Will have to come along soon mate, just shaking this gastro atm. Was spewing I missed the session, literally hahaha. Tight lines - mossy

Haha I wish, its just this spot doesnt seem to be fished much so plenty of bass around
    I start back at uni soon so wont have much time to fish like I have been! maybe the odd weekend session

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowjack View Post
    Haha I wish, its just this spot doesnt seem to be fished much so plenty of bass around
    I start back at uni soon so wont have much time to fish like I have been! maybe the odd weekend session
    I'm back at work this week mate so yeah maybe a sneaky arvo session or weekend missions. Though if the winds are down good chance I'll be out in the salty stuff. LoL Keep me posted on your schedule mate? How many species you got to the total now? Good work mate should pop in next time your out my way. tight lines - Mossy

Haha- nice report! Long grass, ticks, leeches, stinging nettles, falling down banks, old fencing round your ankles... all of these unpleasantries get you too the best spots.

6 or 7 species now I think haha, getting there
    Let me know if you are going out mate more then happy to tag along

Nice work!!!

I just found out you can get Jackall Lures from BCF.

They just have them in a cabinet along with the more expensive lures, now i dont have to drive so far everytime I lose one lol!

Sorry for the misinformation!

Cheers,
    Jack

Ooooh i gota try that jacko lol but i don't think it was the lure??...i think your a fish magnet!!! lmao as i found out today doesn't matter what ya use they just jump right onto your line!! Are you serious!!! hahahahahaha
    Good onya mate keep up the "Vibe"

Cheers
    Billy (The crazy kiwi)

Mate empty some of your stored pms so I can reply to your question.
    Heres the lure
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chatterb.jpg 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	76207  

Thanks mate, emptied my pm's

onya YJ..I have not caught a bass yet..only freshwater fish I have caught has been Murray Cod. One day I may jag one.

Well done, rain has probably buggered up your new spot for you.

Been pretty quiet around the traps bass fishing for me on lures this year, but I have been consistently getting a few on bait at Baroon.