Thread: USA humminbird

USA humminbird

The inlaws bought me a 798cisi Humminbird in basspro USA last year and I finally fitted it. The problem is that this version is a USA model not an international model and it will only give me feet/fathom and farenheit. Is there a place I could go to, to download an international programme or take it to someone who can. The feet part doesn't bother me too much but the farenheit it too much mathes to work out for my brain.
    Thank's Dom

Re: USA humminbird

sorry, can't be done, I just printed and laminated a small conversion chart and put it next to the sounder

You can not change a US model to a international model there is different hardware inside the unit.
    Best thing to do is print a small table of conversion temps and laminate it then put it near the sounder
    92 MU, 91 MU ute, 90 MU,96 MU Wizard, 2014 MUX, 2019 DMAX
    Australia's loudest MU
    MY SITE MY YouTube SPL 152.3dB
    If beef is in beef mince, What is in pet mince?

Not too sure the imperial units are all that much of a drama, you will get used to it in no time at all.

OK thank's will do alittle chart.

Yeah what noelm said, won't take you long to get used to it and work around it. I find I'm mostly looking at the sonar display rather than anything else. For depth I use fathoms, a metre is slightly more than half a fathom so multiply by 2 for metres (roughly). With temp I only look for differences one way or another so no issue.