Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who doesn't like gulp

Re: Who doesn't like gulp

Zmans? ive tried a pack and its my last, cant get them to stay up on jighead, way too soft , they just pull down from head..

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Zmans? ive tried a pack and its my last, cant get them to stay up on jighead, way too soft , they just pull down from head..
    thats what the tube of super glue is for.
    cheers
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Yep, tiny bit on the jig and its good as gold alleycat, I swear by them just the cheapo 8 pack for 2 bucks super glue from the cheap shops.

Love the gulps once i open a pack its into a big gulp tub of juice and they dont eat through plastic like others brands its all a trade off, something natural ...starch i belive.... or something toxic that eats through plastic,in the estuaries cant bet them and yes a bit of a pain with the peckers in the bay.

Use to use Gulp more than any other type of lure, but nowadays I seem to buy a pack and leave them sitting around until they dry out. I much prefer Squidgeys and Zman plastics. Like others have stated, the tails on Gulp are often bent in un-fishable ways. Nothig like buying a pack of 4" minnow and only being able to use 2 of them because the rest spin in the water.

Cheers,
    Kaidon
    Conservation NOT preservation!

I'm not a fan either. Even as a fish catcher, for quality snapper I would rather Zoom, Bass Assasin, Exude over them. Bream are different they love Gulp but I too have thrown out most of them.

just brought a packet of 4 inch Shrimp,are they new ? hadnt seen them before,i got Sugar spice colour,cant wait to throw them around chasing clarence river jewies in february.

Just seen a new pack of gulp shrimps the other day and they were all individually packed so they stay straight.........things are looking up.

A fan of every thing else but Gulps

I hated gulp when I first started plastic fishing so many bent plastics that are no usable made the action horrible I was using squidgies etc etc. Untill recently I tried the shrimp and minnow grubs in the moulded packs and love them, Every single one works and are alot ALOT softer which is good and bad though I still average 3 fish per plastic have caught 6 bream on one shrimp before I retired it. I have been hammering a few trevs,bream, even got a jew on them. As for storage buy a plano screw lid container and poor a bit of juice/water in there you never have any issues with leaking and you can throw all your colors together.

I dont think there is anything more deadly then a lightly weighted shrimp on a HWS jig head drifting down the face of a pontoon.

People say that gulps really smell. I can't smell them though? Do they really smell? Non fishers say they stink I can slightly smell them. I can smell things fine just not gulps.

I usually cant get gulps off the jighead without ripping them and nearly hooking my fingers.

Im over gulp, just threw a leaky packet out along with a 4 month old Iphone due to the crap leaking.

As far as flathead go, they seem to hit anything if the right color and worked correctly.
    Here is one I hooked a few weeks ago on the Hornibrook sand flats (was about 40cm).

Caught the fish after about 5 minutes casting into waist deep water on a white Slam minow.

The Slams are Ok but do not seem to have much resilience as they seem a bit crumbly and tend to tear easily.

Check out the camo.. and yes I tried to edit the image to make the fish stand out more though that is the closest I could get (cheap camera phone, lot of glare).

Cheers

Sandflats Flathead.jpg
    Last edited by MudRiverDan; 14-02-2012 at 07:49 AM. Reason: picture came out wrong

Slam are the best VALUE plastic going,get a pack for around $3 on ebay.tough enough for a fish or 2,large scent trail,all colours,and did i mention CHEAP.