Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collingwood rod

Collingwood rod

magpie rod 033.jpgmagpie rod 026.jpgmagpie rod 030.jpgmagpie rod 017.jpgmagpie rod 014.jpgI've posted these before the rod has been finished. It's coming up a stunner and I'm really happy with it. Who would have thought black and white could look so good. The wrap is a bird wrap I've been doing for a little while now and closed first time without too many problems I'll post the finished rod ASAP.

Regards
    Mark

Re: Collingwood rod

looks great Mark..BUT Collingwood?????????????????????????????

Collingwood supporters can't fish, it must be for whipping each other before bed.

Mark I have to say that is bloody stunning , I am trying to get together a black and white one , if it is as tiny bit as good as that I would be happy ,for me I think that is one of your better ones ,

mark, is that the first time you have used the grips. they have come up outstanding. i only wish i could get more of them.
    the rod is another fine example of you workmanship. pity the owner has no taste in football teams but

ian

mark, is that an OB kind of thing in the wrap?
    i really must learn how to do those

ian

Thanks everyone. Ian I did a little olive branch of black and metallic silver to add a highlight. It doesn't show in the photo but I also added 1 silver thread to each major pass of the black in the fade. Subtle, but nice IMOH. By the way I don't follow that kick and giggle rubbish. Can't wait for NSW to kick so QLD butt!

Sorry Ian, Yes these are the first but I have another matching one to this with a a few little twists.

Beautifull piece of work

Bu...t COLLINGWOOD.....ya lowering ya standards......LOL

Mark, what white thread did you use .

11 out of 10 Mark for use the white thread and leaveing it so clean i can see why the mudhole has featured your rods you must the the aussi docski.

OMG...that is amazing!

Very slick Mark
    That'll come up a treat once the finish is on
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Thanks everyone. The thread was white Gudebrod NCP, black madiera and silver Fish Hawk (all size A).

Brilliant work!!

It wouldn't surprise me if you get a request for a Carlton rod soon.

Somebody who lives down south.

TOL