Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Collingwood rod

Re: Collingwood rod

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Fisher View Post
    Thanks everyone. The thread was white Gudebrod NCP, black madiera and silver Fish Hawk (all size A).
    Mark do you use a CP on the white...??
    reason Im asking is I have a hard time getting white to stay white after the epoxy especially on a dark Blank ....LOL
    Have had good sucess with painting under the wrap white before I start and Have noticed CP helps keep it Pure white..any tips..??

Willo I was worried that the thread would bleed through a little but after 3 coats of chromaseal the white is as bright as you can get with no bleeding at all. I packed this one really tight and it appears to have worked. I'll post the finished rod when I get a chance to epoxy it. Gudebrod, for me anyway, is the number one best white NCP thread I've used.

magpie rod finished 022.jpgmagpie rod finished 003.jpgmagpie rod finished 015.jpgmagpie rod finished 007.jpgFinished result. The owners name is opposite my name decal.

Regards
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by sid_fishes View Post
    pity the owner has no taste in football teams but

ian
    Ha- thats a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black it your avatar is anything to go by!

Very, very nice work Mark! Even if the colour scheme is a bit nauseating. Maybe the epoxy will yellow over time and we can have a bit a yellow and black forming. Go the Tigers!

Black as Black and White as White ...
    Colour came out great

Attachment 75439Attachment 75438Attachment 75437Attachment 75436Attachment 75435I've posted these before the rod has been finished. It's coming up a stunner and I'm really happy with it. Who would have thought black and white could look so good. The wrap is a bird wrap I've been doing for a little while now and closed first time without too many problems I'll post the finished rod ASAP.

Regards
    Mark
    hi mark paul just want ask what sort of pait did you use to paint the reel seat please

They are powder coated by a company in Japan called Matagi. THE best custom components out there IMHO.

Can't wait for NSW to kick so QLD butt!
    Mark Mark Mark, snap out of it mate after watching the club games over the past few weeks you blokes will be flat out stoping Inglis let alone the other 16 champion maroons.

By the way very nice work on the colliewobble rod, I am in the middle of doing a set of 37kg bent butts for a mad bombers supporter and will get to post them in a few days.

Cheers
    Pedro

Pedro, don't stop me dreaming! It will happen - I just don't know if I'll still be alive to see it.