Thread: Looking at buying a 40 L engal 12 volt fridge box,or similar.advice sought.

Looking at buying a 40 L engal 12 volt fridge box,or similar.advice sought.

Hello.

I have been looking at these 40 Litre Engal 12 volt fridges,this would be a major investment in my fishing/camping/hunting trips.

Look to see if anyone has this unit and their thoughts,maybe Waeco is similar.

The engal one I am considering is approx $1200 with the cover thrown in (its usually
    around $200).

Hoe much tucker can you put in them?

Thanks for any pointers and advice,(its a heck of a lot of money!But I hear generally the engals are highly favoured by outdoors people,they last very well)

Re: Looking at buying a 40 L engal 12 volt fridge box,or similar.advice sought.

Hi darter,

If you are thinking of going a 40L I would recommend stepping up to the 60L. Have been there and done it. You always need that extra bit of room, especially if you are known to be thirsty at times.

The engels are a good product, but also have a look at the trailblaza fridges possibly the toughest most reliable fridge/freezers out there, with great personal service and backup.

http://www.norcoast.com.au/

Cheers

Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Carry View Post
    Hi darter,

If you are thinking of going a 40L I would recommend stepping up to the 60L. Have been there and done it. You always need that extra bit of room, especially if you are known to be thirsty at times.

The engels are a good product, but also have a look at the trailblaza fridges possibly the toughest most reliable fridge/freezers out there, with great personal service and backup.

http://www.norcoast.com.au/

Cheers

Carry
    had a look at link,Carry-thanks.

what sort of prices are these about?,no price list.I am geussing double the engel.

$1200 is my limit,so I'll settle for the engel (which is a heck of a lot on money)

Darter,

The prices are on the website mate. Around the same money as engels. But you wont go wrong with either.

Cheers

Carry

Repco ha 20 %off all 12 v fridges including Engels at the moment .
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

Quote Originally Posted by darter View Post
    Hello.

I have been looking at these 40 Litre Engal 12 volt fridges,this would be a major investment in my fishing/camping/hunting trips.

Look to see if anyone has this unit and their thoughts,maybe Waeco is similar.

The engal one I am considering is approx $1200 with the cover thrown in (its usually
    around $200).

Hoe much tucker can you put in them?

Thanks for any pointers and advice,(its a heck of a lot of money!But I hear generally the engals are highly favoured by outdoors people,they last very well)
    Darter, if you are looking at the 40lt, have a look at the 38lt plastic Engle. Same innards with no frills. We used one as a freezer for two years travelling around Aus. You can pick them up for around $800 with a cover.

Scott

Thanks all.I ended up purchasing a 40 Litre Series II Engel,a couple of weeks ago,Have given it a few test runs,it was chosen-mainly for size-I can use it in both vehicles I own,rather than the one.Also the Engel brand seems to have a good reputation.

I really do not know how I could go without one now I have used it-Even just a handy 'overflow' fridge in the house.Will go for a camp out with it soon.