Thread: Fishing with The Wasp

Smile Fishing with The Wasp

Got the opportunity to have a fish with a great mate Peter Waspy Cherrett who I had not fished with since Sept 2010. The plan was to fish the flats for some Goldens but with the weather being less than ideal the old mate didn't let me down and we implemented plan B, this being chasing wild Bass in a river system near by.

When we arrived at 11:30 am and Waspy commented that the water was a lot dirtier than when he fished some weeks ago the enthusiasm dropped a little but another mate who knows the area well and swears by the almanac assured us we would do ok.

We were fishing with 6Lb braid and 10lb leader and G Vibes yes you can catch Bass without a Jackall and I have never owned one so I suppose these G Vibes have to work We began peppering the endless snags we came upon and in pretty quicktime we had a nice little fat very healthy Bass in the boat at approx 40 cm's.

This went on for most of the day in between eating breaks and a stop to BLAH BLAH BLAH it was less than a serious day, but we ended up with 10 Bass in total all between 35cm's and 40 cm's my young bloke caught his first bass suburface he has only ever caught 2 the first being on a popper
    All fish were caught on G Vibes except for one which fell to a spinnerbait, all in all a great day with a few fish and great company.
    We even got to get out the next day to chase some Goldens on the flats but thats another story for a different forum.

The BOMBER
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BOMBER FIRST MARY BASS (2) - Copy.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	75330   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BOMBER HOOK UP - Copy.jpg 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	75331   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W3 - Copy.JPG 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	75332   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BASS CLOSE UP - Copy.JPG 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	75333   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wappys Bass 1 - Copy.jpg 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	75334  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wil And Wappy - Copy.jpg 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	75335  

Re: Fishing with The Wasp

top fishing..where was this?

You blokes look like a couple of Afghanis in the last pic..what is the face cover?

Re: Fishing with The Wasp

Hey Pinhead,

The face covers known as Buffs been around for a thousand years saves covering the dial with sunscreen and stops the skin cancer, and its up north of the Sunshine Coast.

The Bomber