Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 x Wellcraft boats stolen from Redland Bay

2 x Wellcraft boats stolen from Redland Bay

Hi everyone just passing this one on.

The 2 boats which were stolen are:

1. 1997 Wellcraft 24 foot, model: CCF, fibreglass boat with twin 150hp Johnson outboard motors, registration No SZH1080A.

2. 1997 Wellcraft 22 foot, model: Coastal, fibreglass boat with a 225 Johnson outboard motor, Registration number SZH1085B.

They are both white in colour with a blue stripe along the sides approximately at the water line.

These boats were stolen from Redland Bay, between 5pm and 9pm on 2nd January 2012 on a tilt tray truck and relocated somewhere else in Brisbane.

A reward is offered for information leading to the recovery of these boats

If anyone has any info please PM me

Regards,
    Greg

well-22-3.jpg well-22-2.jpgwell-22-1.jpg
    DSC01348.jpgDSC01345.jpgDSC01343.jpg

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.

Re: 2 x Wellcraft boats stolen from Redland Bay

Where abouts in Redland Bay?Hod do you know t was on a tilt tray?

Where were they taken from?
    They look to be both imported. Were they at a import storage/detox yard?
    How would they put them on a tilt tray?

Gees they must of wanted them
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

I have put this on for a family member who knows the boat owner so I have limited info.

They were being kept at somones house at redland bay. A tow truck pulled up and told the property owner that they had purchased the boats off the owner (owner in North QLD at the moment). Loaded them up and drove away.

Finga yep were imported and unsure how they were loaded.

Regards,
    Greg

www.wickedfishing.com.au The place for wicked fish pics, articles and DVD's. Your ultimate reef fishing DVD "Double Island Point & Beyond" on sale now.

Fishy, very fishy. Not nice but sure seems fishy!
    What could go wrong.......................

Sounds like a bit of an inside job to me, Gutsy non the less
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Any ID on the tilt tray used? That would be my first avenue to source.
    Jack.

There was a tilt tray doing the cruise around my joint between those times on that day that looked lost,not saying they were related but it did seem a bit weird at the time and I actually made a comment to my mate that was with me about how weird it was.it was probably nothing as redland bay is pretty spread out.

Hi,
    While we are on the subject of theft in Redland Bay I thought I should share this with you all.
    I live in Mt Cotton and recently our estate was hit with a string of thefts in one night. Thousands of dollars worth of equipment was stolen. The police did the rounds of taking statements and I had a chat with one if them. The cop told me that they are aware of a particular group of people who live in the Logan area. This Logan group lure in other people to do the dirty work for them. First they steel a car and the cop said they are targeting the Redland Bay ramp (Weinam Creek). The theives then target work vehicles that are on the street or in front driveways, not going for anything inside the house or over the fence so to speak. My neighour had a genset locked in a steel cage beside his truck, they took that. They broke into my work ute however I only had hand tools so nothing was taken. The cop said they will only take what they can re-sell such as power tools, welders, gen sets etc. An area will be hit followed by keeping low for a couple of months than hitting again. Areas such as Mt Cotton, Redland Bay and Vick Pt. Apparently the cops have surveillance at Weinam Creek. A couple of the theives were caught by finger print matching. The items were sold on Ebay.
    My locked tool box was the usual checkered plate type with lockable handles. With the use of a large shifter spanner or something similar you can force the handle open with no fuss. They didn't even manage to wake my dog, he normally barks at anything that moves outside the gate.

It has come to the point where people can no longer be trusted no matter what there intentions are? Thief or no thief!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LITTLE SKIPPER!

These stolen boats have been recovered. Found in Inala apparently.

I believe the tilt tray operator found out about it and forwarded the info onto the police.

Good to see an outcome on this one as they weren't insured.

Regards,
    Greg

Good news Greg. Now prosecute the hell out of them!
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Reefmaster View Post
    These stolen boats have been recovered. Found in Inala apparently.

I believe the tilt tray operator found out about it and forwarded the info onto the police.

Good to see an outcome on this one as they weren't insured.

Regards,
    Greg
    Great news, hopefully they arent damaged. I would think they would stand out a bit parked in anyones yard in Inala lol.

What kind of idiots would steal something so distinctive and use a outside firm to transport it to their yard.

As Anthony says its not an inconspicuous thing to have at Inala. This can't be as dumb as it seems. Surely?

This has given me an idea.
    What's your address Muddy??
    Is the boat out the front??
    Can a tilt tray reach it??

Good on the tilt tray guy for fessing up......but geees....wouldn't you want to find out details if your skull dragging a couple of boats onto your truck??
    I'd be knocking on the door I reckon
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good