Thread: johns landing noosa

johns landing noosa

hey guys,
    was thinking about heading up to johns landing after the school holidays and when ive just looked for a bit of information on it ive read a few reviews some saying it was a good place for a camping holiday and others saying it terrible now and run down and just a mess? i havent been there for about 12 or 14 years and it was good little spot back then but now there are some doubts with the few reviews i have read from another tourism site!
    thanks for any help you guys might be able to offer
    cheers, andrew

Re: johns landing noosa

I was last there about a year ago to meet up with a friend who had a houseboat on the river. We were paying to leave our car at the campsite. Only spent about an hour or so there, but the people were friendly, the store had an ok selection of snacks, drinks & icecreams, and the campsites looked nicely shaded and fairly quiet.

So, we didn't stay in the campsite but I definitely put it in my short list of places I want to stay soon, had even considered going there for christmas/new years. We easily could have missed the small things that you would only realise if you were staying there. If you do end up going, would love to hear your review.

I was there last January and all was good, not the tidiest place but still a top spot. I might be back there in 2 weeks.
    Cheers TT

Hi
    Was up there a year or so back. Good swimming spot for kids. shady campsites and as said the kiosk has supplies. Friendly people, mostly quiet and well priced.

cheers
    Ronnie

yeah so from the sounds of it it hasnt really changes from what i remembered it as back when i was last there. let us know if you go TT what its like i'll be at north shore that weekend i might even swing passed and in for a look on my way back from there see what its like. thanks for your replies guys!
    andrew

It has a shop there now?? Geez it must have changed heaps in the past 30 yrs.
    Jack.

Was there a few months back and there are some good camping spots near the river. The permanents are all together and although have 'interesting' living arrangements where not an issue. Not the flashest place, but fine to camp. Re swimming out the front, I wouldn't venture too deep as we and others got sharked on the reef in front of the camping area.

lots of banjo playing

just needs rudy maas donkey!

ha ha i think a lot of places have changed in last 30 years! thats what they must have been referring to when they said it was a bit bogan (the permanent residents). starting to make sense now. thanks for everything again guys might just have to get up there and have a look myself i think.
    thanks guys
    andrew

The place can give new visitors a shock! but the residents do stay to themselves in their intereting shacks/ tents/ sheds or what ever the hell they are. I dont take my family there but I go with a mate who has been going there sine he was a kid. you cant beat it for a good camp base for fishing the river. The boatramp is a bit dodgy but does the job. As stated they do have a kiosk and hot showers which are coin operated. If you go look for a spot down by the river near the boat ramp.

Cheers, TT

Its Banjo playing country. It would make a great site for a teen horror movie and all the extras are already in costume. I found it pretty disturbing and would not take my family
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"