Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to set up a tarp

Re: How to set up a tarp

Looks like a great setup, almost exactly the same as mine.

The only thing I have to add to all the threads/discussion about setup methods is, I lay my spreader pole down on the ground where I need it first and lay the tarp over it. I then lay out all poles, ropes (doubles on corners and centre poles) and pegs where they need to be. I put a peg in the 2 corners opposite end to where I'll start setting up the poles, to hold the tarp while I setup the other end poles. Then setup the poles on the 2 pegged down corners, the centre poles and spreader bar, then the others and tension it all up. I can do the setup solo and actually prefer too, (nothing like a barny to start off a camping trip) unless I have someone who knows what they're doing to help.

Re: How to set up a tarp

If I am bush camping I fix a good rope to a tree and tension the rope using a HD. ratchet strap on the other end. Higher than the edges and poles very hole. Try not to damage the trees in the process and I wouldn't do it in a Nat. Park or public camping area. Works for me and is very quick and easy. I do have some regular camp sites so I know my spots and even have a tyre hole in the ground to level up the van at one place.

Have fun Haji-Baba