Thread: need some information

need some information

hey guys gonna head out tomorrow and just wondering what knots is it too much to trawl lures. im gonna head to lake intrepid and its about 12-15knots is that too bad for trawling lures im using a 3m kayak and planning on trolling sx40's and atomic fatz lures for bream and flatty. i was just curious is the wind too bad or would it be better to head to oxenford where the wind is 6-10knots just wondering cause lake intrepid does have pontoons which i could try and work for bream or is 12-15knots too much for even bothering the try and cast lures or head to oxenford and just trawl lures for a few hours. also how hard do i paddle when trawling lures just need a to know a few things since im very new also wouldnt mind finding someone to head out with and learn more about kayak fishing
    cheers grant

Re: need some information

Grant, being so low in the water kayaks can and do handle 15 knots easily. I regularly head out in 15 knots in open water in my yak after snapper etc and often times find it reaches 20 and still fishable, not as nice as 5 knots but still better than a boat trying to control the winds. I would be heading into the open water if that is where you think the fish will be.

Myself, tomorrow will see me at dawn targetting jew and jacks in a deep hole in one of my favorite bigger creeks. Hoping the fresh that hit just before Christmas has not shut it down.
    Jack.