Thread: Some Bass

Some Bass

I just spent the morning and afternoon chasing some Bass out near the Mt Crosby Weir with my son and son in law today .We ended up with about 15 for the morning and afternoon session,all on lures { mainly spinner baits } . I picked up 2 at 52 CM so I was very happy and the boys picked up the rest with nothing under about 40. I was very surprised at the number of people fishing right below the Weir as well as people throwing cast nets and not a fisheries guy in sight . The boys have been out their a few times and told me about the number of people catching a swag of Bass and putting them in their buckets to take home as well as leaving crap and rubbish all over the place. It is a pity people just don't care about the place, but I suppose this should not come as a surprise. All our fish were taken past the designated distance from the weir and were released to fight another day.

Re: Some Bass

Its an ongoing battle that place.
    Wonder how long the "fishing in a barrel" will last, been nearly a year since those bass came over the wall.

Re: Some Bass

Shame fisheries officers don't target the weir more often!!

Years ago, I've done some tagging there with the Ipswich United Sportfishing Club. The club had permission from fisheries to do it there.