Thread: new computer......

new computer......

ok got my self a new puter for xmas and every thing was going along nicely till it came time to get on the net.....ok unplug cable from old puter and plug into new....good idea at the time. ...hang on going to get some more of those chocalate covered nuts....

ok back to you....

ive got a telstra surf board modem and it has a usb fitting on the end of the cable so thats where i pluged her in, into the new.....then im getting message that the ethernet contection is not conected. ok out of the modem and in the back of the new is a fitting that looks like a phone connection, serched around and i had a spare one so pluged that in to both ends and still zip.

whats the go guys??????

Re: new computer......

Well, I'll have a shot.

from my experience.

Did you get a CD with the new modem... this will / should contain the " driver " for the modem... driver, being a piece of software that lets the computer talk to the modem.

If no CD then get on the net and search for the driver.... probably find it in Telstra or google " driver for surfboard modem ".... then try to find the series or model of modem.

try here.................. http://www.motorola.com/Support/US-E...arging-Drivers

Also, there is a pinhole in the modem , well about the size of a toothpick circumference....... that is the re-set button. Poke a toothpick, or paperclip in that to re-set it.

Once the modem is connected you should see green lights.... static.... orange light...... flicking.... that is good.

If not working still.................... I can't help you........... sorry.

cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

You wil Ned to original cd that coame with the modem. Them set it all up on the new computer.

Usually with those ones you do not have the modem connected to the computer until the instalation tells you to.

Do a seaxh on the net for the modem/model you have and you should eb able to download the instructions and software needed.

You will need your big pond username and password as well.

thanks steve, got it sorted. just needed a proper ethenet cable which a mate had laying around home...as you can see im up and running...

cheers