Thread: 07-08 Hilux upgrade

Question 07-08 Hilux upgrade

Just kicking tyres ATM ......whats the go with the "upgrade" i have looked at some 06 models and they appear to be the same to me.The car yard guys all want to push the "upgrade" rubbish but what was the deal here?......09 mdels have some stereo controls on the steering wheel 07 08 don't.........by the way i'm looking at SR models aswell.

Anyway whats the difference or is it just run of the mill car yard hype or is there a real difference?

Dan

Re: 07-08 Hilux upgrade

biggest waste of money I ever had was the D4D Hilux manual

the gearing in first and reverse is shocking for towing and you can't put into low range without the front diff engaging

the auto is a diff story but I have never owned one only test drove one on Fraser Is

cheers Murf

Like i said just tyre kicking ATM.......was really keen on the 76series cruiser but have gone off em after a test run......plenty of grunt but 2600rpm @100k and having to wind my own windows up in a 50k vehicle did not impress me much.......the other option is the Prado D4D.

Still can't work out what they upgraded on the lux,the tall gearing is par for the course i think........my work Colarado is the same and a mates Navara is worse he has to rev the crap out of it at the ramp.....i keep telling him to engage 4wd be he won't listen.

Dan

Dan,,,, Upgrade models can have subtle differences in some vehicles,,, and a host of differences in others,,, i'm unsure of what they are in Hilux,,, but i done a quick google search on ""2007 toyota hilux upgrade comparasion"" and it speaks of body kits,,, motor size upgrades,, host of bling effects,,, wheels/tyres on some of the sites

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

The ones we have have controls on the steering wheel and stereos with aux input, mp3 player and bluetooth biggest change is abs brakes. Everything else seems pretty much the same.
    BOAT really does mean Bring out Another Thousand

I believe in october 06 they made some emmison changes, from memory this improved fuel economy and may have even given another kw or two.

Went from 120 to 126kW was the biggest thingh I noticed, I've owned them since 1988, my SR 08 is the best so far..........to get it the way I wanted it though cost over 6 grand on bits

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    the gearing in first and reverse is shocking for towing and you can't put into low range without the front diff engaging

cheers Murf
    Sure you can't do any simple changes like the landcruiser pin 7 mod or remove the transfer case 4lo switch wires so the centre diff doesn't lock when low is engaged?