Thread: Borumba Bronze

Borumba Bronze

Well guys it finally happened,after almost 3yrs since i sold my boat,ive got another and back on the water.After tossin up between scratching that bass itch i had and trying to chase some macks off the sunny i decided to hit my fav bass dam [based mainly on what ive read here about the fishin off the sunny coast lately] Anyhow a later than expected start seen me finally hit the water about 7.30am,i decided to hit a couple of small bays on the left just before the Borumba arm,i started by working the surface in the shade while it was still an option,after about 1/2 hour or so,no action so i switched to spinnerbaits.It didnt take long and had a couple of half hearted hits before a solid hook up,the fish went hard and deep but i didnt think it was a bass so presumed it for a yella,all deep and no jumps i was pleasantly surprised to see a nice toga,great start to the day and the cobwebs blown out.As i made my way out of the bay the weed become pretty consistant and didnt take long for fish number two with a fiesty little bass that went about 35.Short story is that the trend continued for the next hour with 9 more bass hitting the deck by 9am,all about the same size except for one about 25-30,not big fish but a pretty good start to the day.......after that i headed off in search of more weed and ended up in an old fav bay just past the Borumba arm,20 odd mins of fruitless casting i switched to a tn60 with immediate success with a solid fish slammin the lure and taking line,i thought it would be a lot bigger but the chunky 35 punched above its weight and put up a great fight,gotta admire these little fish.Picked up a few more before it settled down so decided to head up to the timber,still using the jackall i managed a few more fish about the same size before another solid hit with line departing the reel in a manner that the big bass can do,just under 40 it was my best fish for the day and put my tally at about 16 or 17 bass [lost count but thats about right ] plus Mr T.Getting on to about midday by now, and lost steering on my leccy so decided to pull the pin on a good morning.Ive had better sessions at Borumba but i aint complaining,givin the lay off ive had,the beautifull morning it was, and the scenery, ill take it Till next time.
    Cheers Gav.

P.S..ill try to post some pics,but im not that good on these things.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mr t 006.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	74801   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mr t 005.jpg 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	74800   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mr t 004.jpg 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	74799   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mr t 003.jpg 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	74798   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mr t 001.jpg 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	74797  

Re: Borumba Bronze

Yeah they worked

Great effort there.

nice work! looks like a great day out