Thread: Howdy ausfishers

Howdy ausfishers

Put another tick in the kiwi column, after a few years of people telling me how crap the fishing is here i finally decided i couldn't take not fishing anymore and brought myself some gear on the weekend. I have only really beach/rock fished before with a 12' setup but due to the river being so close ( I live at annerley) i got a 3-6kg 6'6 spin stick with a sedona 4000fd reel and some plastics, having meticulously browsed the brisbane river threads on the forum i head out to the pinkenba rockwall on sunday afternoon to test out my kit never managed any action on the port side of the wall mainly i think to the viscious out going tide however i landed a 60cm flat head my first one so i was totally stoked.
    hope to get out there again soon and perhaps have a fish with some fellow ausfishers so if you fish there let me know.
    im also always up for a fish even if i have to travel a bit and happy to chip in funds.
    sam.

Re: Howdy ausfishers

Welcome to Ausfish Sam, hope you find the info your after and meet up with some of the members...