Thread: routes for trolling around gold coast

routes for trolling around gold coast

hey guys once again just here to see if anyone can provide with a path or a route somewhere around the gold coast for my kayak. im getting it for christmas and if the weather isnt too bad gonna head down for a fish only thing is i dont really know where to put in or where to go really. Ive bought all my trolling lures for bream and flatty and just wondering if someone could provide for somewhat of a path to paddle for a few hours just to get a feel for it. i would be looking for a partner to go out on my first trip but ill be going out on christmas day so i dont imagine there would be any takers. anyways if someone cause pm me would be great just looking for somewhere to trawl around and land a few.

cheers grant

Re: routes for trolling around gold coast

Put it in at the boat ramp near the convention centre and head up the canals towards lake intrepid and lake rum runner it has some nice fish at the right time ( trevs,jacks ,giant herring ,bream and the likes) preferably afternoon running into night and pick your tides so you get the run in to get there and the runout to get back to the ramp. You can launch closer to the lakes just have a look on google earth ,you will see what I mean ....Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Grant,

Suggest you also register with www.eastcoastkayakfishigclub.com/forums.html, www.kfdu.com.au and www.akff.net , which are kayak fishing web sites/forums and have lots of SE QLD members. Look on the trip section for listed trips in your area each week to see who is heading out. You can also create your own trip and invite others to join you. It's how I got started. KFDU also has a Northern NSW/Gold Coast yak fishing group, which you might consider joining. Going out with these groups will increase your knowledge of fishing spots in your area.
    Cheers, Pete
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================

If it your first time and you would like somewhere peaceful to get started why not go directly to Lake Intrepid and put in at the pontoon in the park opp the High School in Volante Cres 4218.

Cheers
    Chimo

search Google earth . "Lake Intrepid, Mermaid Waters QLD, Australia"
    What could go wrong.......................

hey thanks guys will most likely be heading out on boxing day to lake intrepid. just a quick question if i just wanna get the feel for the yak and just troll lures which would be my 2 best picks for bream. I was thinking trolling the berkley puppy dog as they are cheap but i wouldnt know as i havent done this before what are your guys suggestions on trolling lures from a kayak

well went out and nothing trawled for a good hour n a half nothing was running them straight past pontoons aswell. Well atleast i got some practice on the new yak thanks for the help guys