Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A nice champagne - sorry sparking wine, to have for xmas?

Re: A nice champagne - sorry sparking wine, to have for xmas?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    Wifey is a big fan of that crap too.

I vote the veuve and moet as the worst of the bunch, certainly not worth the coin. Horrible stuff.
    why were the to french wines the worst ?

Vintage Moet is nice ....... and certainly tastes better (different) from most other cheaper varieties - Dom Perignon is an experience - yet again......... but like all good champagnes it's probably an acquired taste rather than one that is sweet.
    btw - I just knocked over a Di Georgio Family Coonawarra Pinot Noir (traditional method) ......... very nice

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    why were the to french wines the worst ?

Vintage Moet is nice ....... and certainly tastes better (different) from most other cheaper varieties - Dom Perignon is an experience - yet again......... but like all good champagnes it's probably an acquired taste rather than one that is sweet.
    btw - I just knocked over a Di Georgio Family Coonawarra Pinot Noir (traditional method) ......... very nice

Chris
    Possible aquired taste, but then dirty water could also be an aquired taste. Either way, not a fan. I dont like sweet stuff, and neither are sweet. Guessing that how much they have come down in price over the last couple of years they were probably the bottom of the barrel. Cant say I have ever tried a Dom, but next time I see it when I am in the bottle shop I will grab a bottle and try it.

I trust you on the pinot, the aussies are much better winemakers than the french these days. In fact, there are a lot of countries that outdo france now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    Possible aquired taste, but then dirty water could also be an aquired taste. Either way, not a fan. I dont like sweet stuff, and neither are sweet. Guessing that how much they have come down in price over the last couple of years they were probably the bottom of the barrel. Cant say I have ever tried a Dom, but next time I see it when I am in the bottle shop I will grab a bottle and try it.

I trust you on the pinot, the aussies are much better winemakers than the french these days. In fact, there are a lot of countries that outdo france now.
    Make sure it is a very very important occasion to try the Dom - the price will blow your mind!!!! .

The French still do certain varieties extremely well - and If I remember correctly they have 4 of the top ten best wine growing regions in the world .......... the trouble is that their great wines are just so expensive (like our Grange) ...... so the chance to try them is a once in a life time experience .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Vuerve amiot and chandon(non vintage) disappears by the carton at this time of year around here. The kids have robots made out of the boxes. Neither is more than about $15 a bottle. I don't drink it but the mrs has decided that she only drinks French stuff since her holiday there earlier this year. You pay then you pay some more.....

Interesting ....... The hosts on the Today show just did a blind taste test on 4 sparkling wines.
    All 3 picked the French as the best ......... against 2 locals and a non alcoholic version - The "Yellowglen yellow" they all agreed was second best ($45 Vs $12) - not exactly definitive .... but interesting

chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Yep..... that Yellowglen is the drop I prefer, as stated in an earlier post.

That reminds me.......

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Phill, take the bike for a spin to Canungra and sample some local wines while you are there....

problem.

If my Blood Alcohol limit is anything above 0.00% I will not get on my bike. Hence, I am still alive to keep riding.

Cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Problem solved....Take a sleeping bag and a pillow.

rolling does a nice sparkling also... and there was one from tasmania that i enjoyed but the name escapes me, it was on james holiday's top 100 list last year