Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: another knife thread.

Re: another knife thread.

Quote Originally Posted by banshee View Post
    I'm guessing their term 'castings' could be what we call 'Bar Stock' or 'Billets' and I tend to think that todays steels are supperior to the early High Carbons.
    I should have been more specific earlier .When i endorsed the Sabatier brand i was referring to their high carbon steel knives. While i like their stainless knives,,, light, balanced, good to sharpen.The carbon steel range is a delight to use & are the knives I think the best.

Got a new knife today with one of my vouchers, its a Swibo 16cm narrow blade filleting knife, are these knifes any good ?

Also Tailortaken if you get some 20cm victorinox filleting knifes i may take one off your hands

cheers tim

Quote Originally Posted by TIM D View Post
    Got a new knife today with one of my vouchers, its a Swibo 16cm narrow blade filleting knife, are these knifes any good ?
    cheers tim
    I have liked Swibo knives for a decade or so. Good honest knife that takes an edge easily and is comfortable to use.
    Jack.

The funny thing with a lot of fillet knives is they are not up to the job, mostly because they are wafer thin and flimsy.
    Get some good size fish with largish ribs and your going to need a strong wrist.