Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Should govts that dishonour election promises to rec fishers be returned?

Re: Should govts that dishonour election promises to rec fishers be returned?

sticking with the thread title..no bloody way..newman made it quite clear pre election he would lower the average household costs..yeah right..look at his latest electricity jibberish. That smacks of no carbon tax. They are all the same...suck people in to get elected then do what they want. As I have said many times..trust any pollie at your own peril.

I don't think there is much value in trolling over old ground. No one from the LNP ever came out and retracted Marks statements. I do feel they certainly appeared to endorse those views by not making a clear policy announcement. Whether Mark had the authority to make thse statements as the shadow minister is neither here nor there and will not impact on my voting intention a couple of years in the future. I will direct my vote to the party that will give me what I'm after in all aspects opf my lifestyle. Fishing is a big part of my life but there are a lot of other issues to consider first.
    I would not withold my vote on account of some of MP Marks ramblings before the election. I am however more concerned about the razor gangs going through fisheries and various community initiatives being scrapped. The current government has plenty of time to win my vote but they certainly want to pull their finger out
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

It wasn't just MP Mark..the protest rally at Breakfast Ck..the one at MOrningsaide..the one at Clontarf..they all had either LIb or NP speakers spruiking about how great rec fishing would be under their administration..still waiting for the land of milk and honey.

The LNP can easily approve their new Taj Mahal at some ridiculous cost when the existing buildings will do until better times arrive yet some simple rec fishing initiatives seem too difficult.

If anyone wants an apology, then I am sure Mark will come forward with one. He has explained the situation to me, and I have explained it to others. I even think he explained it here on AF...? dunno, but I won't be looking for it.

Will an apology sit well and defuse the huff & puff here ? doubt it as per some posts here, nothing will temper the attitude towards pollies.

Personally, I still don't get what the big deal is. Seems we are debating the merits or not of a promise, the defination of a lie and the understanding of Spin Vs English. If that is the case, then it's pointless continuing with this thread.

People tell porkies and make promises everyday and don't carry them out or see them through, for various reasons. Should they be held accountable and ridiculed here or other forums. I thought that was what " reality TV, Twitter and Facebook " was for.

By the rational of every pollie tells lies or can't be trusted, do we then also throw in Bank managers, retail sales folk, bakery salesgirl, concretors, sparkies, solicitors , police and in fact every-friggin-one. Because I know of no one that has made good on every promise, carried out every statement or done everything they said they would. If you know of someone that does this, let me know, because it is the Second Coming and I'm heading to Mt Coot-tha to burn a bush !!!!

" they all had either LIb or NP speakers spruiking about how great rec fishing would be under their administration ".... I can't remember exactly what they promised or what they said. Can you dig up the wording or exact promise and or policy ???

If one went fishing 5 times in the last year of the ALP administration and caught 12 fish and then went fishing 4 times in the administration of the current Govt and caught 10 fish, is one not better off under the current Govt ??????? ( still some months to go to reach the 12 month exercise period... work out the percentage ) .......It's all in the details. Is this what it is all about.... catching 1 fish more ?

What is it about, I am unsure what people want, even though we put out requests pre-election. If you want miracles, hang on a while longer.

I know what I wanted out of the LNP post election and I have not given up on it and am not worried about most of the other stuff. We are only 7 months into a 3 year plan..... how fast does one want things to happen... given the budgetory situation ????????

FYI and I hope this settles it;

A Lie is...

To lie is to deliver a false statement to another person which the speaking person knows is not the whole truth, intentionally.

Folks, I really hope you see the last word of that meaning, it is so important. In fact, it would be a lie to say it was not important. Certainly the 3rd last word is almost as important.

Now, I promised I would go to a mates place tonight so I had better make good on that one, else I be a liar !!

Trees and Forests,,, Stones and Glass Houses.............. Such is Life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adios'
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Gee - If anyone else joined this site & used it for say .... advertising product (without paying the relative fee) - misrepresentation , misleading information , advertorials etc I'm pretty sure there would have been hell to pay .

Oh well - two things will stand true ....... another election will be held & Ausfishers will remember just what the member for Cleveland stood for = SPIN
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post

A Lie is...

To lie is to deliver a false statement to another person which the speaking person knows is not the whole truth, intentionally.
    MP Mark 20-4-2011
    What would change for rec fishos with a Campbell Newman led Government?
    To start with, Campbell is a BCF bloke - into boats, camping and fishing.
    ~~~><))))*>

If anyone wants an apology, then I am sure Mark will come forward with one. He has explained the situation to me, and I have explained it to others. I even think he explained it here on AF...? dunno, but I won't be looking for it.

Will an apology sit well and defuse the huff & puff here ? doubt it as per some posts here, nothing will temper the attitude towards pollies.

Personally, I still don't get what the big deal is. Seems we are debating the merits or not of a promise, the defination of a lie and the understanding of Spin Vs English. If that is the case, then it's pointless continuing with this thread.

People tell porkies and make promises everyday and don't carry them out or see them through, for various reasons. Should they be held accountable and ridiculed here or other forums. I thought that was what " reality TV, Twitter and Facebook " was for.

By the rational of every pollie tells lies or can't be trusted, do we then also throw in Bank managers, retail sales folk, bakery salesgirl, concretors, sparkies, solicitors , police and in fact every-friggin-one. Because I know of no one that has made good on every promise, carried out every statement or done everything they said they would. If you know of someone that does this, let me know, because it is the Second Coming and I'm heading to Mt Coot-tha to burn a bush !!!!

" they all had either LIb or NP speakers spruiking about how great rec fishing would be under their administration ".... I can't remember exactly what they promised or what they said. Can you dig up the wording or exact promise and or policy ???

If one went fishing 5 times in the last year of the ALP administration and caught 12 fish and then went fishing 4 times in the administration of the current Govt and caught 10 fish, is one not better off under the current Govt ??????? ( still some months to go to reach the 12 month exercise period... work out the percentage ) .......It's all in the details. Is this what it is all about.... catching 1 fish more ?

What is it about, I am unsure what people want, even though we put out requests pre-election. If you want miracles, hang on a while longer.

I know what I wanted out of the LNP post election and I have not given up on it and am not worried about most of the other stuff. We are only 7 months into a 3 year plan..... how fast does one want things to happen... given the budgetory situation ????????

A Lie is...

Folks, I really hope you see the last word of that meaning, it is so important. In fact, it would be a lie to say it was not important. Certainly the 3rd last word is almost as important.

Now, I promised I would go to a mates place tonight so I had better make good on that one, else I be a liar !!

Trees and Forests,,, Stones and Glass Houses.............. Such is Life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adios'
    don't do that..every green group known to mankind will be up there.

A Lie is...

Given that definition it would then be correct to say Juliar Gillard did not lie when she stated there would be no carbon tax under the government she led- a statement often brought up in relation to lies in politics.
    At the time there was probably no intention of misleading but situations changed. I'm not defending her- it still shits me, but if that is how we define a lie then that was clearly not one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    MP Mark 20-4-2011
    What would change for rec fishos with a Campbell Newman led Government?
    To start with, Campbell is a BCF bloke - into boats, camping and fishing.
    Cmon Mike, poor old Mark simply got his acronym mixed up. He is a BCF guy - into bullshit, cronyism and firing.

Still waiting...............

Guess I'll be waiting a long time.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Question Re: Intentional LIES pov

just hold your breath..... it'll happen

I recall Mark saying "the ALP will bring in an RFL" , can't see any ALP policy actually saying this??

Q. Was that an intentional LIE ??

Did Anna's mob actually dishonour any election promises as per definition?
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Does anyone know any bush lawyers? a Tangles definition.. i prefer the word 'fibber' as 'lie could also mean lay', and another thing to consider is that the term bare-arsed is also associated with it ? or is that the French Salute?

PS my wife is making vegetable and cheese muffins tonight..a first i believe.. Finga if they work out ill leave you some.
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Did Anna's mob actually dishonour any election promises as per definition?

Not if any said commitments were made by unauthorised insignificant members or soon to be back pine warmers who at the time of making such statements didn't see the bullet coming .

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    PS my wife is making vegetable and cheese muffins tonight..a first i believe.. Finga if they work out ill leave you some.
    That should be the lead story here.
    You better eat them all up matey as I'm in Warwick until Sunday then Brisbane.
    Actually I think I have to go to Cleveland on Sunday to pick up my big mother welder I just brought....so there may be hope.

PS: I find it extremely sad when we have to question people as to the meaning of what they have written. We need to ask for clarifications and specifics of what they have said and now we need to ask if they're authorised to say what they've said.
    Is there a need for a disclaimer at the bottom of every post people put up?
    Buggered if I know.
    I'm with TOL. It's all just getting too hard.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good