Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Should govts that dishonour election promises to rec fishers be returned?

Re: Should govts that dishonour election promises to rec fishers be returned?

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Every politician should honour every election promise they make otherwise they should be strung up and publicly flogged.
    They get voted in on their promises why shouldn't they be made to keep them??

Lying bunch of snivelling two faced hypocrites they are.

Show me one politician who has not broken an election promise and I'll show you a politician who has never made an election promise.
    depends if it is a "Core promise" ........
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

c'mon lads, play nice. i can understand mark not being keen on responding if everyone's going to carry on like a pork chop even though he did toss in a bit of a hand grenade and run.

hi mark, you're going to have to cut to the chase pretty soon mate. i mean there's probably going to be an election within the next 3-4 months and let's face it, even if the ALP did simply copy your ideas/policy on fisheries management, most of us would just vote them out based on their record of stuffing everything else up in this state, so what have you guys got to lose by letting the LNP's policy on fisheries management out? it'll mean very little to most voters but it'll mean a lot to the recreational angling public ie. the guys on this site. the way things are shaping up on here, the longer you guys skirt around the issue throwing bombs at your opposition and not announcing anything too meaningful, the more we are starting to wonder if there is actually anything meaningful to announce.

Quote Originally Posted by PADDLES View Post
    c'mon lads, play nice. i can understand mark not being keen on responding if everyone's going to carry on like a pork chop even though he did toss in a bit of a hand grenade and run.

hi mark, you're going to have to cut to the chase pretty soon mate. i mean there's probably going to be an election within the next 3-4 months and let's face it, even if the ALP did simply copy your ideas/policy on fisheries management, most of us would just vote them out based on their record of stuffing everything else up in this state, so what have you guys got to lose by letting the LNP's policy on fisheries management out? it'll mean very little to most voters but it'll mean a lot to the recreational angling public ie. the guys on this site. the way things are shaping up on here, the longer you guys skirt around the issue throwing bombs at your opposition and not announcing anything too meaningful, the more we are starting to wonder if there is actually anything meaningful to announce.
    It is wearing thin ......... Mark is not doing the LNP any favors ..... specially those fishoes that log onto this site - way too much hot air !
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Mark, even if they did copy your policy, no one would believe that they would implement it. How could anyone believe labor federally, or at a state level. In fact, if they did copy your policy I would be concerned because they would be more likley to do the exact opposite. More details now would be greatly appreciated.

I do appreciate serious comment and understand the challenge to put things out soon. I can only ask that you be patient guys, the New Year will come soon enough, but the election may not be until the last possible date in June. The 3 years are up in March, but there are rumours the Premier is not keen on going to an election soon, for some unknown reason??

Wouldn't it be nice to not pollute fishing with politics ?

I didnt know that ausfish is a political web forum, ....

Quote Originally Posted by Jakers 69 View Post
    I didnt know that ausfish is a political web forum, ....
    @Jakers. I guess you are right - if only Labor-Green politicians would stop taking away fishing rights?

SIPs Mark?.....I'm hearing bad things, anything please.....Also Rec Fishing Licences Mark?

http://candoqld.com.au/policies
    42 LNP policies here and not one mention of rec fishing. Not too flash. Excusses might work on Timmy, but they are wearing thin on the rest of us mate.

[QUOTE=Mike Delisser;1335021]SIPs Mark?.....I'm hearing bad things, anything please.....Also Rec Fishing Licences Mark?

What are you hearing re SIPS?
    I believe govt considering rec fishing license as extension of snapper tax in RIS.
    LNP have ruled out rec fishing license
    Mark

I would like to hear the LNP try and abolish all of these rotten boating permits for the different lakes.
    The freshwater fishermen are getting hammered severely to fish the lakes around brisbane and then there's a SIP on top of that again.

What's the point for making election promises if they're not honoured?

How about we get back to basics and start at stage one and work up from there Mark??
    So is the LNP going to honour every promise they make Mark??
    A simple yes or no answer will suffice and a YES or NO is the only answer that won't be full of crap.
    If the answer is no (or anything other then a simplistic, definitive YES) then the rest of the waffle is meaningless.
    No answer at all will also indicate a NO answer to the question as well.
    So I personally would like an answer Mark. Is the LNP going to honour every election promise??

The LNP don't know their fishing policy yet. Why do you think they're asking us all these questions people??
    Mike has pointed out there are other policies on the Cando site but nothing in relation to fishing.
    If LNP were scared of Anna's mob stealing the LNP's fishing policy what about the policies already released?? Why aren't the LNP scared of those policies getting 'stolen'??

They're (LNP) going to say what we want to hear and then ...."oh sorry. We can't do that (for what-ever reason)" when the crunch comes. But it'll be OK if they lied to get into power won't it??
    So back to stage one.....Is the LNP going to honour every election policy they make Mark??.
    If the answer is no then that's very hypocritical to up Anna's mob of no hopers for breaking their promises and then do the same yourselves.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

In relation to by-catch.

No one likes to see fish wasted so as a genuine by-catch in the pure sense yes they should be sold rather than wasted BUT this is just an opportunity to target these fish and call them bycatch. Read Carnsters report in saltwater offshore as he will not give a fishing location for fear of ring netters targetting the fish. YES it happens.

What can be done?

Okay don't waste the fish but don't make it a profitable target for the netters.

Sell them and 10% goes to the netter and 90% to . . . . (restocking, charity, ramps and amenities) - how is it collected - the same way as GST at point of sale/purchase.

WHY are we allowing by-catch to be a profitable and targetable species?!

Mark - you want ideas - I am keen to supply ideas as some are rather than just shovel shit - I hope you are filtering the posts and reading.

Personally I would like to see no netting in Moreton Bay - period.
    Cheers

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    What's the point for making election promises if they're not honoured?

How about we get back to basics and start at stage one and work up from there Mark??
    So is the LNP going to honour every promise they make Mark??
    A simple yes or no answer will suffice and a YES or NO is the only answer that won't be full of crap.
    If the answer is no (or anything other then a simplistic, definitive YES) then the rest of the waffle is meaningless.
    No answer at all will also indicate a NO answer to the question as well.
    So I personally would like an answer Mark. Is the LNP going to honour every election promise??

The LNP don't know their fishing policy yet. Why do you think they're asking us all these questions people??
    Mike has pointed out there are other policies on the Cando site but nothing in relation to fishing.
    If LNP were scared of Anna's mob stealing the LNP's fishing policy what about the policies already released?? Why aren't the LNP scared of those policies getting 'stolen'??

They're (LNP) going to say what we want to hear and then ...."oh sorry. We can't do that (for what-ever reason)" when the crunch comes. But it'll be OK if they lied to get into power won't it??
    So back to stage one.....Is the LNP going to honour every election policy they make Mark??.

If the answer is no then that's very hypocritical to up Anna's mob of no hopers for breaking their promises and then do the same yourselves.
    Well?? Or is everything you say political waffle??
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

In reply to Marks Questions:

1. Should the Bligh Labor govt have kept its promise to rec fishers?
    YES. But the taking of whiting bream and flathead in bait nets in yellow zones is not the only issue. They still allow bait netting in yellow zones and all netting in the yellow zone up in Hervey Bay Great Sandy Straits. Also the detail of what they have recently done is obscure. Is it enforceable? What are the "in-possession" rules while in yellow zones?

2. Can Labor MPs be trusted to look after rec fishers interests in the next parliament?
    No.

3. What do you think of the banning of by-catch sale?
    This has to happen! The opinion that "Oh it is such a shame to waste it so may as well sell it" is just a brainwashed cop-out and con job. If they cannot take the targeted species without a lot of bycatch then STOP USING THAT APPARATUS OR STOP FISHING IN THAT AREA! SIMPLE! We are living in the 21st century. It is no longer appropriate to use a bulldozer to find a seedling.

The law must be the same for everyone. If people support netters to take and sell "Bycatch" then they must also support rec fishers being allowed to keep gill-hooked or injured fish that are going to die, in excess of the bag limit. To support one or the other is hypocritical. Which is it?

4. Should commercial netters be compensated for their losses?
    They should be compensated when the resource is re-allocated to rec fishers. Not for environmental reasons, sustainability reasons, economic reasons, competition/efficiency reasons, adverse weather, or Acts of God!

I have answered your questions Mark, now is time for you to answer mine:

1. Will the LNP keep its promises to rec fishers?

2. Can the LNP be trusted to look after rec fishers interests in the next parliament? If the answer is yes please give specific examples. And what are you going to do about ongoing netting in yellow zones?

3. What do you think of the banning of by-catch sale?
    If you continue to allow sale of bycatch, will you change the rules to allow rec anglers keep fish they "think" might not survive release?

4. Should commercial netters be compensated for their losses? If so, under what circumstances?

I look forward to your timely reply.