Classifieds

first fish on the fly!

hi everyone.
    I am fortunate enough to commute to work everyday along a well stocked, crystal clear rock bottom trout stream. From my place I follow it for around 25km, and there are not many pools that don't hold fish. 10 Minutes drive in the other direction is a large creek that holds good stock of silver perch, yellow belly, catfish, cod, the odd redfin and carp. Since the season opened I have had great success most mornings on the trout with soft plastics. Last week I converted to the dark side, buying a cheap 5-6w combo. I changed the line to teeny first cast wf, and spent the week fly fishing on my front lawn. I decided today was the day and headed to a favourite spot on the little creek. Casting a brown wooly bugger from the base of a small pool into the riffle I got a follow on the second, but the fish didn't take it. I immediately changed to a black and red wooly worm. 4th cast into the riffle and I noticed my fly line stop dead just as it entered the run. I strip strike, lift the rod tip and I'm on!!! Wooohooo! I landed a nice little rainbow in great condition. I am absolutely hooked on this sport! Thanks heaps to everyone for the great info on this site, it helped me out heaps.
    Cheers, chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: first fish on the fly!

Well done lewis top stuff being a trout too ive never caught one the first fish on fly is a great saticfing feeling.

Blog Entries

Re: first fish on the fly!

Well done Chris. Nothing like the buzz of catching your first fish on fly!
    Cheers

Funchy
    Click "like this post" if ya reckon my dog is cute!!!!

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark