Thread: Rod to suit 5000 stella?

Rod to suit 5000 stella?

Just got the SW 5000 stella now im trying to decide on a suitable rods.

Be used for a wide varity of fishing but mostly bay work for chucking pastics and slugs at longtails and other fish around hervay bay.

Also need to sort this out fast, heading to hayman island for 4 months work, would be good to have this set up for when im their, which is early next year.

cheers guys

Re: Rod to suit 5000 stella?

What line class are you going to fish (30lb) ? ....... I would look at the Samurai Reaction bluewater rods - there is a couple in the range that are rated around that 30lb mark.

certainly they are well made and are built with the Fuji Ti tangle free guides ....... you wont be disappointed

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Hi Matt, Saltiga Game 68s-3 is a PE3 and a 5k sits on there very nicely. I've used mine for 7" Plastics from 5/8oz to 3oz, jigging to 90g and topwater stickbaits to 60g ... I really can't find anything as versatile as this rod which has the power rating and cast rating while being light in the hand. Its a 1.5 piece too for easy transport. The other option is an Evergreen Poseidon Ocean Hunter ... you may be lucky if Jones have one in stock.

Ta
    Matt

as you say its for a variety of fishing such as reef jigging and casting its hard to argue against the 68s-3. very light for its power rating and so versatile. I'm keen to buy one myself actually. might be hard to get distance with a small slug, but as an allrounder that can handle big fish both for casting and reef work, it would be perfect.

you could also go the megabass ssz-75m, 10-35g, 10-20lb, 7'5''. Beautiful rod this one. bit more length in it for casting distance for tuna.

or you could go a Northfork Composites Spin 761 12-20lb.

i have a g loomis pro blue 12-25lb. it pairs up great and is one of my facourite outfits.

thanks guys, Ill go have a look at a few of those suggestions.

mate look at the veritas as well in the 5-9kg great rod,

Egrell Bear S10-H

Try the pro blue loomis in 10-20lb also. 12-25 is a bit heavy for throwing light slugs.

Anthony

I got a Samurai NV8 custom built for my Stella 5000SW. It's my favourite outfit by a mile. If I didn't get the Samurai I would get the Saltiga Hiramasa 63S. It's the next one up from the Saltiga game 68S mentioned above. The Stella is a very strong reel for it's size so you can go that little bit heavier and therefore use the slighlty heavier rod.
    Daiwa also have the Catalina and seagate Hiramasa 63S if you are looking to save a bit of cash but for me I would still get the Saltiga Hiramasa.

The Saltiga Hiramasa 63s with the Stella 5000SW would make a fantastic outfit... for jigging!!! That's what it was designed for and personally I wouldn't use it as a mack/longtail spinning outfit.

I've used the Loomis Pro-Blue (not mine ) and it's just about perfect for slugging, or if you like a bit more finesse, the Nitro Viper is not too shabby either .

what did you end up getting?

Ugly stick- best rod in the world.

Look at that Dale, you can bend it right back on itself.

mate after reading al lthe advice we all give ya i recon it would suit my rod...bring it over for me and i will use it, look after it, and if ya want a lend of it its yours will even let u use my rod .lol..nice reels i nearly bought 1 for my veritas but i couldn't justify the money for it in the end could buy 4 stradic 5000's for the price of 1 stella
    cheers rosco

Hey mate, +1 for the Saltiga Game, It is my go to rod now if my 2-4kg loomis won't cut it, it will throw 15g slugs without any drams at all, I was using it alot chasing pollok and Atlantic cod in norway recently and have been getting good long tails on it
    Don’t take life too seriously, It isn’t permanent