Thread: Fishun & Fur

Fishun & Fur

Lucky to be spending a week down the farm. First day has worked well with a morning on the rabbits and pigs and a quick flick in the river on the way back for brekky. Manged this nice cod on the 1st cast. Left the rest for later in the week.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	009.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	74300  

Re: Fishun & Fur

Sounds like your having a ball. Wish I was doing the same....
    Do you eat the Rabbits ?? I haven't had Rabbit stew for ages, Yummm

Cheers
    Brett

Used to always keep a feed. These days its just vermin control.

Nice fishy Peter. What type and weight lure thingo do you have there?

Blue and silver spinnerbait Mike.

What more could you want, fishing and hunting. Nice work. What river system you fishing?

Thats one of the rivers down Emmaville way.

Looks like a bit of a fresh going through. You would have to hide behind a tree to tie your lure on this time of year.

Scott

Yeh we've had over 2' in the past fortnight. Makes for some nice eddies. Mate's son got another nice one yesterday. We are struggling a bit to get to the river cause the tracks are so wet.

We were down at Emmaville over the weekend just gone.
    We c&r 96 cod over 3 days between 6 of us.
    Biggest went just over 80cm on a cod walker with many fish between 60 & 75cm.
    Was easily the fatest I have seen them!!

That is damn fine fishun !!!!

Nice area around there guys.

We used to fish it back in the 80's n 90's and quite often c & r 20 to 40 cod per fisho per day with some fish over 10kg. A mate n I witnessed a couple of hero's blowing a hole up there one afternoon and they took about 10 fish that they could reach and left another 20 or more floating downstream.
    It took a hammering after that but Im glad to see its recovered ok and people are not killing everything they catch.
    Look after it and those kind of spots will be there for a long time to come.
    I would probably be calling it spot X though guys. There may be a bit of traffic there over the Hols.
    cheers, steve.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbi View Post
    Nice area around there guys.

I would probably be calling it spot X though guys. There may be a bit of traffic there over the Hols.
    cheers, steve.
    Know what you mean Rabbi. But saying "Emmaville area" is fairly vague. There are a number of rivers around that area and all mostly on very private property. I think the fish are pretty safe.