Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie

Good evening all. Just joined up and wanted to say hello.

Re: Newbie

Welcome aboard Trev,
    We hope you enjoy your time on Ausfish and find it a useful tool in catching the BIG one.
    Now dont freak out when you see that this post has disappeared, its kinda in the wrong place. tomorrow you'll find it in "New Member" forum.

cheers

Bugger! Off to a bad start already

welcome to ausfish . where is Kilsyth ?
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

Eastern suburbs of Melbourne. Just under the Dandenong ranges.

Stu,
    i thought the same thing....some where in Scotland..

On ya Trev, glad you made it here mate. Now there's two of us against the multitude. Two who appreciate the finer points of eating and catching gummy. Two who know how to handle real weather. I could go on.

What should I tell you about Finga and TOL, nah and Charlie who I've been educating in the finer aspects of Victorian life.

If you sleep with an Alvey under your pillow you'll get on well here, if not tread very carefully when it comes to Alveys. I've been scared for life and my dignity shot to pieces until a fine Qlder, Wamjam, mailed me up an Alvey. Now I pay homage to it and do my penance daily.

Should I tell everyone what you teach, better spell it right.

PS If you've seen TOL's new avatar before don't say anything. TOL stands for The Old Legend btw. One of the words are correct the other I suspect isn't ....yet.

Gotta do some work. Can't spend ALL day gas bagging. I have to write a 3 day vehicle collision course and finish up the arson manual (

Jarrah, no problems with Alveys. Have been using them since I was 8yo. Bought a new one last Christmas and still have my father's 6.5in & 4.5in wooden ones he bought nearly 70 years ago. Even made up my own rangoon cane rods many, many years ago while on night shift at the fire station. THAT is how old I am

Have a look at John Mc Conkey's demo about 3- 4 minutes in to the attached video to see how tough the bloody things are.

Welcome aboard mate.

If you're ever after some outdoor furniture, I can put you on to somebody.

He catches snapper and gummy sharks too from time to time.

TOL

I knew an Irishman who was into out door tables & chairs & stuff.
    I think his name was Paddy O'furniture or similar.

Guys, I am getting "thanks" "likes" for posts. No idea what it means but will work it out in a little while So if I don't
    "thank" "like" back again give me a little time. Be gentle with me.

I heard you bought a boat off somebody on the chatboards.

Do you know he's a Carlton supporter?

TOL

Noooooooo! Too late! If somebody had the presence of mind to warn me I would have been more cautious

Now I am gunna have to check it out for empty chardonnay and cafe latte containers in the bilge

You had too many teeth to barrack for Collingwood so it must be someone else. Don't say Essendon.