Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie

Re: Newbie

Picked it first time. All my teeth are my own. But saying I barrack for Collingwood is perhaps an overstatement. My football knowledge is basically non-existant as it is not relevant to my life. I have only been to 3 footy matches and only under sufferance. Once when Hawthorn were still playing at Hawthorn (the old ground), once when Collingwood was playing St. Kilda at Moorabbin and the last to a Carlton/Collingwood match at Princes park when I got with my current (3rd) wife and she wanted to go. So, a loooong time ago :{o

Don't mention the C word!!!

A true story. When one of my daughters was having an 18th birthday party years ago at a safe venue I'd selected, I went outside for a smoke and ran into some ladies from Victoria who were at another function at the same venue and the subject matter gravitated to the AFL.

The told me they barracked for ABC. When I eventually asked why everybody hated Coll, well, the venom, the vitriol and torrent of abuse and hatred directed towards the black and whites simply amazed me.

Made me think if ever I went to the MCG for a GF, I'd certainly keep my mouth shut.

TOL

It is certainly the team to either hate or love. But it is better than those toffee nosed, iced chardonney swilling, latte drinking (with a girly straw), yuppie, trendy, Greeny voting, snooty Carlton supporters :0

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smokey View Post
    It is certainly the team to either hate or love. But it is better than those toffee nosed, iced chardonney swilling, latte drinking (with a girly straw), yuppie, trendy, Greeny voting, snooty Carlton supporters :0
    Lucky Phill doesn't barrack for Carlton.