Thread: Harry's Hut - Upper Noosa River

Harry's Hut - Upper Noosa River

Camped at Harry's Hut Friday and Saturday night. Wind was a major issue (sustained and very strong) until about midnight Saturday. Sunday morning from about 04:00 to 07:00 was dead still and just great fishing conditions.

The fishing? Fantastic! Even in the wind, we got heaps of bass. Crappy conditions in the Kayak; cast, paddle, start retieve, paddle, hook up, paddle, release the fish, paddle, paddle backwards, paddle forwards, try to cast, paddle, get lure from tree, paddle - get it?

Saturday morning in the Narrows was pretty still for a little while and fish were rising everywhere, although I suspect most of the disturbance were Tarpon. We got hit by Tarpon a fair bit but only landed one and dropped several. Bass around Harry's were mostly small, up to about 28, but the larger fish were about in the Narrows, up to 42. Little tackers were everywhere around the edges of the reeds and the larger fish were holding the solid snags. Yellow and green shallow runners did most damage and any colour popper was hit. We got fish every session; I was well into my second dozen after two hours Saturday morning. As usual, beautiful river, nice water, and a bloody good trip.

Chaz

Re: Harry's Hut - Upper Noosa River

Nice report Chaz,good trip mate.
    Cheers,Gav.

Re: Harry's Hut - Upper Noosa River

No threadies in the everglades atm? Right time of the yr for them there.
    Jack.